Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Edit. My bad on missing the update.

Honestly if people made decisions based on a rule that changed there’s grounds for a refund. But I personally think all year we’re going to see changes and updates as we already have

I don’t think you’ll get the credit past December 2022. As stated earlier:

Just curious about what others are doing if they received the message “The factory is ready for your order”. I have been sent a couple of emails the latest directly from someone at my closest location (Chicago). I put a $300 reservation before the 10k price increase on the Pure. I have about 0 desire to own/purchase this car, just hedging it may be worth a potential flip given the price increase and the market at the time. I did not convert the reservation to an order in December. If I configure a bare/bones Pure with no options I assume I’m still looking at a super long lead time, is that reservation still refundable, or do you think given all things considered I should just cut the bait and reclaim the reservation deposit?

It should be refundable if you never converted it to a non-refundable binding contract.

1 Like

I’m debating the same thing. As of now, you can still get your $300 back, regardless if you signed agreement last fall. Lucid has had a good amount of reservation cancellations, so it’s possible if you call their bluff and refuse to order they will let you kick the can down the road on ordering without losing the price lock. But that’s just a guess. The company is burning cash, so they want to be able to show their creditors, the Saudi fund that they have a large reservation list.

2 Likes

Interesting. They have not contacted me with any sort of deadline to put my order in, at least yet. The person from the Chicago office did indicate DreamDrive Pro and Surreal Sound Pro had to be included for the fastest production schedule. Non-upgrade versions are anticipated for q3 2023 production. When the order is placed is the refundable reservation converted to a non-refundable deposit?

I’ve a base version order in place.

And got this,

Hi xxxx,

I will be assisting you with collecting paperwork, coordinating payment, and preparing you for delivery.

I’m looking over your profile and noticed we still need a few necessary registration items. If you could take a moment to log into your Lucid Motors customer portal to submit the following. Or alternatively you can reply to this email.

Please upload photos of the front and back of your Drivers License
Please provide your registration address, and your mailing address if it differs.
Are we registering to you, a business, or a trust? (If you plan to finance we cannot register your vehicle to a trust)
Do you have or are you interested in home charging? If you already have a solution installed may I ask what it is?
Are you interested in financing any portion of your purchase?
Would you like your front plate installed on your vehicle prior to delivery? It is a permanent installation.
Do you have any tax affiliation to Arizona? (for example do you have a home or business in Arizona)

Base with metal roof and base everything else? Dreamdrive, etc. Nothing extra ordered?

I initially agreed with you but the glass roof on the Mach E is really good. It doesn’t even seem like it is glass. I find it to have take really good sun protection.

All base. No options selected at all.

Glass just transmits the cold in the winter and heat in the summer because the roof itself gets cold or hot and just radiates it down into the cabin. In an EV this is especially annoying because it means the hvac system needs to work harder to keep the cabin comfortable which in turn kills the range. It just makes no sense to me. I am all in for a big panoramic sunroof, just tuck it behind a physical shade that can trap the cold or hot air coming from the glass.

So… you’re saying steel is a good insulator?

No, the headliner is the insulator.

Is it significantly more effective than thermal glasses? I am wondering if you have any quantiative evidence to support your claim that glass roofs make no sense because thermal glasses work very well in my (anecdotal) experience.

Also, some pano roofs with physical sunshades comes with very little thermal treatment. Then that thin sunshade renders very little help.

I had an X3 with pano & sunshade. It basically broiled my head. Far worse compared to Tesla or Mach E.

I got an email today says I have 10 days to set my configuration to secure the discounted pricing

We also got the same emails for our orders, still undecided lol

I received a similar 10 days left email. I guess I will do it but wasted $300.

Just spoke with Lucid. I can get my $300 deposit back (even though I did that "binding contract ") or I can finalize my order for a Pure which would start production in Q3. I do have the locked in prior price but the lease payments is way too much, can get a Mercedes for cheaper. And I question if it really will be a flip opportunity.
I am thinking of cashing out.

Anyone have the latest MMR on the current trims?

I’d prob want my $300 back do I need to call?

Same here, I did not turn mine into a binding contract. It’s been on my radar to seek my $300 back, I assume it’s a phone call. I’ll check back here in the next few days if I was successful.