Lucid Motors spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

I see this too.
Base Air Pure, but they are forcing to upgrade the audio.

I won’t change anything and keep it as is.

They want to push orders through.

I’m on the phone with Lucid now and they’re saying it’s a known issue. The guy on the phone offered to take my order and submit a request to remove it. I think I’ll just wait for it to be fixed.

1 Like

Thanks this helps!

Ill wait for base audio to lock it in. Only option I want is black headliner.
Baloon loan could be good on this, but Lucid still isnt listed in the calculator.

I will likely go with their captive lease since they’re passing the 7500 federal tax credit.

I get to claim my $7500 on 2022 returns which will get amended if I end up taking delivery.

Ask your tax person, but you might want to double check that because the tax credit follows the delivery date (not the order date) so you can’t put it in your 2022 tax. Plus, IRS alluded that the transition rule was only good until 12/31/22.

1 Like

Correct.

@senwia - Here is the link for more info about the $7,500 deal: https://www.lucidmotors.com/stories/lucid-announces-ev-credit

Limited time offer for purchases of Lucid Air Touring, Air Grand Touring, and Air Grand Touring Performance. Offer not applicable to vehicles with Stealth look, PurLuxe interior, or Metal roof. Cannot be combined with leasing incentives. Must place order by no later than March 31, 2023 and take delivery by no later than April 30, 2023. Offer available only in the US. Contact a Lucid Studio Advisor for additional information on vehicles available for quick delivery at 1(844) 367-7787 (toll free).

So in IL if I Purchase can I get $7500 EV credit fed, $7500 Lucid rebate and $4k IL credit? Seems good but I think that still barely gets them to what they’re worth…

Values on these don’t seem to be holding up. Many Grand Touring models on second hand market for well under current msrp.

Maybe it is an indication that the used car market is adjusting to current market conditions.

1 Like

For example there is a Grand Touring model at a MB dealer in Tampa. Listed for $110k with 1,569 miles.

$138k msrp + tax.

Nice way to lose about $37k in 1,500 miles of driving.

2 Likes

Was that the MSRP before or after the price increase back in June of last year? They did also offer the $7,500 tax credit, so the original owner might have made out okay.

Offer them $99k just to see whether they will bite. :grin:

I’m waiting for the poor man’s Lucid starting at $49,999. Wish me luck.

So they fixed the sound option?

EDIT: looks like they fixed it, I can pick base sound now.

I though I remembered hearing that the IL EV program is out of money now.

Yup order placed

Lucid Air Pure RWD:

• Projected Range: estimated 406 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 4.4 sec.
  • Horsepower: 430 hp
  • Torque: 550 Nm (406 lb-ft)

Lucid Air Pure AWD:

• Projected Range: estimated 410 mi. (projection based on EPA test cycle)
  • 0-60 MPH time: 3.8 sec.
  • Horsepower: 480 hp

Note:
The difference between the pre-price hike fully loaded Pure and the pre-price hike fully loaded Touring minus the 7500 discount is just $10k.

Interestingly enough the RWD has less range compared to the AWD.

People who are choosing Pure, are they going with the AWD? It seems the RWD should be adequate enough (4.4sec, 430 HP) for most people.

Some people just need the awd badge, but I’m pretty sure awd usually do better for resale.