Looking for BMW i3s BEV allocation

Lo and Behold: Sport or not, I’m basically getting an exact copy of my current i3.

1 Like

Yup, he ended up wanting to buy the “same car he had before.” He sounds exactly like me! :joy:

Kudos for looking further into the storyline as well. I’ve seen the episode, and I think it’s brilliant that the overall joke is supposed to explain why he drives an i3 instead of an i8.

Larry David in real-life had no interest in the newer i3 and drives the same Mineral Gray car on the show as far as I’m aware.

Honestly if I was in his position I would be buying an extra i3 or two to keep in the garage with production ending.

1 Like

I enjoy Larry David’s situational comedy. And his roommate is hilarious.

My hobby has always been sports cars and the i3 surprised me with being fun and tossable. Lots of EV’s are quite heavy. But the i3 retains a nimbleness. I never expected to enjoy it as much as I do. I’m quite fond of the unique styling as well.

Maybe I’m becoming a long-term i3 owner. Time will tell.

1 Like

I’ve heard from a lot of people coming from M cars and even Porsches that their preference is the i3s over their previous car or the sports car in their garage. Ellie Goulding drives one as well. It really is a remarkably under-appreciated little car.

What about you getting an i3s as well? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

My girlfriend and I share a life, which includes sharing vehicles. I often chauffeur her around because she prefers to be the navigator / co-driver (and I’m a terrible passenger).

I handle the negotiations and maintenance. She has a plethora of fun cars to choose from.

It’s a good partnership. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Must I do anything special for early turn-in of my current lease, if the new car arrives before my current one expires? Less than 90 days left in my current lease. I’d prefer not to have two vehicles in the driveway, but I can always spend that time giving free rides or make YouTube videos racing them head-to-head.

I’m not 100% on this, but I’m fairly certain that you could just payoff the final payments and return it to the dealer. Or if you’re lucky enough you could trade it in now for positive equity since the used market is still hot.

Timeframe is going to be around two months so you’ll be fine. My car just dispatched from the factory today haha sooner than I expected honestly.

100 GIF by StubHub

Plus dispo fee of course if you dont get another.

Alright, the new contender sent over numbers and I don’t understand why the money “due at signing” is so high. I know the dealer is tacking on some silly fees. But the main concern is taxes. Before I spend time negotiating further, I want to make sure I understand how the taxes work.

It looks like they’re taxing cost of the vehicle and the 36 payments?

Here is a link to what I think the calculator should look like, and a photo of the dealer’s quote. Edit- The photo upload tool isn’t working. Here’s a summary of the dealer’s numbers:
MSRP: $54,045 MSRP
Discount: $3,240 discount
Price: $50,805
Incentives: $12,500 (7500 lease, 3000 loyalty, 1000 college grad, 1000 OL)
Term: 36 months
Miles: 7,500 miles
Residual: 58% aka $31,346
Money Factor: .00133 (ouch)
LOL dealer fees: $195 out of state title fee, $297 dealer services fee
Title & Reg: $150 and $151 = $301
Monthly payment: $327.18
Taxes: 7% of $50,805 = $3,556.35 and 7% of ($327.18 x 36 month) = $824.49. For a grand total of $4,380.84.

Due at signing:
$4,380.84 taxes
$327.18 first month payment ​
$301 title & registration
Total: $5,009.02

Dealer says the monthly payment will be $327.18 flat (no taxes).

Hackr friends, does this add up?

Welcome to chicago

1 Like

I am not in Chicago.

Is the dealer/do they think you are?

Sorry for double reply.

I have told the dealer repeatedly that I am not in Chicago.

Is this an autonation dealer?

The only time I have seen upfront tax and monthly tax is in chicago (although the monthly taxes wouldn’t be rolled into the upfront).

Autonation quotes often list a purchase option with upfront tax and a lease option which gets confused with having upfront taxes all the time.

1 Like

I don’t think this is Autonation. But thanks for the tip. I will again reiterate that I am not in Chicago and ask them to verify the numbers. “This is what our system tells us.” Such a painful process.

Edit: Dealer insists they are quoting me “not Chicago” numbers.

Without seeing the dealer’s quote, those are my beat guesses as to what is going on.

Attempting to post the dealer quote. Dealer insists these are accurate numbers for me living in “not Chicago” Illinois. I must be misunderstanding something, because the taxes look high.

No idea what’s going on with the taxes, but I’d flip this to a sign-and-drive with MSDs ($2800) - $375/mo

This is a lot of aggravation for 22,500 miles of utility. No chance you/she will drive it more?

Ya, those aren’t even correct for Chicago, so something else use be going on

1 Like