Looking for BMW i3s BEV allocation

The monthly payment looks good even with the MF mark-up. I would just look up local sales tax policies to make sure they’re taxing you correctly.

I have looked up the tax code and explained to them how it should be calculated but they’re not just hearing it. Maybe if I follow @jeisensc advice, and roll everything into the payments, then we can simplify this deal and let BMWFS get the taxes right.

1 Like

Also if you want to do this I would sign and submit a build basically today before end of business.

The dealer could probably tell you the production date of the build slot but I would have to imagine it will enter production sometime next week.

In my opinion, they told you to take your business elsewhere.

There’s no way that this dealer doesn’t know how these taxes work. The Illinois tax law changed in 2014, and even before that, it didn’t work like this.

1 Like

Doesn’t make any logical sense. They can’t legally mark up taxes for profit so there’s no reason for them not to calculate it correctly unless they’re clueless.

The contract needs to have the correct taxes, but this also isn’t a contract.

Are you in Cook county at all?

Some municipalities in Illinois have some extra taxes on cars, while some have lower rates than the general sales tax rate. Illinois taxes you on the depreciation up front, though, so unless you capitalize it, you will owe tax at signing. If you want to message me your zip, I can look up the different rates for you through an official source.

1 Like

Yep, I agree. When I asked them to capitalize taxes and I would bring 7 MSD’s to signing, the guy got snippy and said they were doing me a favor by helping me get a car and that “security deposits make this too complicated.” L.O.L. Thanks for your time - I am not interested. Here’s me walking away from the deal… :footprints:

I can smell bullshit a mile away and this was definitely bogus. I am quite confident that they would have shifted some of that money into a “down payment” when I showed up to sign the final paperwork.

1. DuPage County. I am fine paying taxes at signing, if it is the right amount of taxes.
2 Likes

Okay, I kind of see what is going on here, and part of that is that IL is weird, and zip codes usually have multiple jurisdictions, often in multiple counties, and there are also incorporated and unincorporated areas, all with different rates. From what I can see, your rate is 7.5%. There are parts of your zip code that are keyed to Cook County, so it’s possible they could be pulling the additional tax that way, although their rates and calculations are completely wrong. I’m surprised their software keyed it that wrong, though it could be understandable if it automatically pulled the Cook County rate and they didn’t know any better (most of these people are clueless).

At any rate, use 7.5% and the second radio button on the calculator if you’re in Oak Brook. If in one of the other parts of the zip code, the tax is as high as 10%.

1 Like

Thank you @Ashleigh
If I don’t find an easy deal on a non-Sport, I may reach out to you for a petrol car. :sloth:

2 Likes

Good morning friends. This has officially switched to “find a non-Sport BEV” and I’ve got two good leads. One is currently in-stock; the other is about to enter production. I should know more this afternoon. Hopefully this squirrel gets a nut! :chipmunk:

2 Likes

It’s surprising you’re still able to find vehicles about to enter production! For the latter if you’re quick you may still be able to adjust color/options to get exactly what you wanted aside from the H/K and s upgrades.

1 Like

Somebody called me this afternoon saying they’ve got an open slot. These have got to be the last few. Definitely coming down to the wire.

I love these little cars, but I’m not going to overpay for a lease when they’re so affordable on the second-hand market.

I wonder if there’s a difference in weight between a 94Ah 2018 Sport BEV and 120Ah 2021 Sport BEV.

Is the open slot for an i3 or an i3s?

I love them too, but at some point a Model 3 lease or finance looks more attractive. Luckily my deal is slightly under invoice, but I only got it by being strategic and proactive. I like the i3 because of how unique it is, and I genuinely do like what BMW is doing with electrification. Although I’m not as excited about the production i4 as I was about the concept — it’s too similar to a standard 4 Series for my taste.

I found a used 2018 i3s REx in Fluid Black/Giga a few weeks ago with every option for $25k, but it sold before I could even inquire. I do think getting the factory build was a better choice overall and I do think the extra range makes a significant difference.

The 94Ah is slightly lighter. In practice the weight difference won’t be noticeable when it comes to efficiency or performance.

By the way - I am absolutely shocked. My car was on a ship from Germany over the weekend and already reached the port today. I’m going to get it sooner than planned… I’m not even sure I’m ready since there’s a lot I wanted to accomplish before I get a new car, let alone one my current dream car. I’m getting there but I had a month-long plan I’m going to have to expedite. Long story but last time I had an i3 I didn’t get to accomplish what I wanted with it, so this time I want to maximize my time with the car.

Open slot is a Sport that is still in a customizable production status. It will lock down soon, so hopefully the dealer gets me numbers early tomorrow morning.

Goals for your upcoming i3s…. Road trip? Modifications? Photo shoot?

I’d jump on it if you can get a fair deal.

This might sound odd, but the i3 symbolizes a lot for me. I got my previous i3 when I was 21 and that was supposed to be the moment my entire life changed, or maybe I should say started. Granted I had an incredibly successful year the year before as well.

What I didn’t realize at that point was that the car wouldn’t change me unless I changed myself. I’m about to get deep here: I got a lease deal that was the best Leasehackr score at the time so I was so paralyzed with anxiety about my vehicle getting totaled I didn’t fully enjoy it. It was the exact color and options I wanted so I felt it was irreplaceable. What’s ironic is that this i3s truly is going to be irreplaceable.

So this time I’m working on myself and hoping to build an incredible life around what I think is an incredible car. Not that having a nice car is super important, but not doing more with it the first time around is still perhaps my biggest regret so far.

1 Like

Back in november last year i signed a lease deal for 20 i3 rex for $141/month tax included. About 8 months into lease i wish i signed for 15k instead of 12k. I am driving the hell out of this thing parking my F31 and Mojave

The sweet spot was 30 months and needed it to get post sale incentives

This is with base MF plus Max MSDs

For those who is planning to buy out, id not buy out the i3, while it is great short range EV, it will start to have costly repair and maintenance like other BMW, if you must, I would look out for 2019 or newer CPO i3s for their bigger battery

Here is the breakdown of the lease term.

I paid $3000 + $1050 (MSD) upfront and got back $2000cvrp(no more) and $1000 SCE. Total out of pocket drive off when the lease is up is $0

Incentives

$7500 lease
$3000 loyalty
$1000 new grad
$1000 ol code

Post sale incentive
$2000 CVRP
$1000 SCE southern California Edison

Hear! Hear!

I wish you many healthy, happy miles ahead. :compass:

1 Like

Thank you! Hoping so too. :smiley:

Well done! That’s the best way to enjoy an i3. Affordable, guilt-free, fun.

Bummer my locale doesn’t offer those sweet state and utility incentives.

1 Like