Looking for 2018 C 300 4Matic LOANER car

Maybe you can convince someone to become bi or try it once for a decent amount of money? :joy:

2 Likes

Ok so now you are comparing not wanting to lease a used car to sexual orientation? No more comments from me, I’m out. Good luck to you.

5 Likes

I am very picky about cars I get. I walked away from a great deal yesterday because I didn’t like the interior color combination. If I was to consider a loaner I would also consider certified used, and would have long ago got the car I want without posting anything on this forum.

I don’t know how to explain in plain English that I will NOT consider used or loaner car. There are a lot of people who would love to consider those , and there are dozens of threads on this forum about loaners. If I was to consider a loaner why would I even open this thread? I would just join one already created.

Of course you did…

4 Likes

Text me, I will text you the name of the sales person and general manager and you walk there and ask them if I did walk away or didn’t. You may even get a great deal from them for yourself. Just tell them you were referred by Eric. If you want loaner they will get it for you.

Damnit dragged me back in. I hear you but unless you are diagnosed by a mental heath professional with some sort of disorder comparing your desire to not want a used car to sexual orientation is so far off the reservation I can’t even. Seriously done now.

2 Likes

Thanks, but I have pretty good MB contacts in DMV and will not lease one, anyway. But I have to admit that I probably would not consider higher mileage loaner either. Maybe up to 3-4k miles only.

Some feel like they are marrying their car, when it’s in fact a 2-3 years dating :grin:

1 Like

Car I looked at yesterday had MSRP of $48K+, not $43.
Still, $1677 DAS is close to $45 (plus finance costs) per month, which brings the total monthly payment to $322. I could probably get the BRAND NEW car with sticker price of $43000 for around $450/mo with just $450 DAS plus 35x $450. That’s savings of $130/mo for a life of the lease, or about $4680 for a life of the lease if I go with the option you linked. But then, if I WAS to consider a used car, why even bother with a loaner which had new driver every day? Why not go with certified used MB , which CAN be leased as used car, and get even better deal? All the while knowing that your car had one owner?
I personally am NOT in a market for a used car. But if I was, I would definitely consider leasing Certified Used and not even bother with loaners.

I think what you’re going to predominately find on this forum is 1 of 2 groups of people looking for the best price:

1. Those who need a class of car and are going to be looking for the best deal. E.g. need to have a 7 seater SUV - don’t care the model or brand just looking for a good payment.

2. Those who have their heart set on one type of car, but can be somewhat flexible. This is where a lot of people suggest loaners - because they are a great deal - regardless of the number of farts. Obviously you’re somewhat limited on options here so you may have to take a color that is not your most desired or live without an option that you wanted. At the end of the day, most people can reconcile that with the fact that they’re getting a payment to rent a car that they would not be able to get on that car otherwise.

Unfortunately for you, you seem to be in a group of people who needs the exact deal the exact way you dreamt it up. It has to be the exact car you wanted in the exact color you wanted it. You can’t sacrifice to have a car with a couple thousand miles on the clock. There’s nothing wrong with that, but you just have to understand you’re a lot less likely to ever come up with a deal on a car like that is going to blow people’s socks off on this forum. If you do research and know your numbers, there’s no reason you shouldn’t be able to get a good deal for whatever car you’re looking at, but I venture to guess you’ll never get a Hackr worthy deal. Best of luck with your searches and I hope you’re able to find some useful information on this site.

5 Likes

You see, the problem I have with you and some others in this thread is that you want to switch the discussion from car I am looking for to discussion of my character, persona and now you want to be my online psychiatrist. But I did not ask for any of those things.

And how am I supposed to explain to someone who doesn’t get that I will NOT consider a used/loaner car, that I will NOT consider it, period? :slight_smile:

I always got exactly the car I want (color combination) at a price that I was happy with. Lately, I thought it was nearly impossible to accomplish, but now I feel confident that I can pull similar deals , it just takes patience (an opposite of impulse buyer who loses their mind once they get behind the wheel of their dream car). I have come to conclusion (after contacting dozens of dealers lately), that the most important thing is to find a right dealer, with the right sales person you can establish a personal rapport with, and with the right general manager who is willing to work with you. The rest is , as I noted above, a matter of patience. Don’t ever go to dealership that treats you like a nuisance and judges you by how ready you appear to get what they want you to get on their terms. Go to dealer who has mastered the art of customer service, and you will get what you want.

I agree it’s important to find a good dealer who will work with you. I’d advocate that it’s equally important to know your numbers. What is the MF and RV of the car you’re looking at for the term you’re looking at? What incentives is the manufacturer throwing in? What is the average discount for that car before incentives? Can you apply MSDs? How does the MSD program work for that leasing company? If you know those details, almost everything else should fall into place. If you haven’t used it yet, check out the leasehackr calculator here: https://leasehackr.com/calculator/

1 Like

Agreed with everything you said there. The MB I was offered yesterday was coming with large discount and with their top tier credit offer, based on my past credit history and ownership of fully paid off MB lease in past. I had lower grade MB offered few days earlier (BASE model AWD with NOTHING but standard equipment) for $525 /mo, for 48 mo term ($525 DAS plus 47x $525), with numbers broken down to me, also showing aggressive discount in the selling price of a car and with top tier credit financing. I think if I get the right color combination of a car I saw yesterday at a price I was offered I will go for it.
Since I am not in a rush I will just wait until the end of this year or early next year. But I will get the car I want and I am confident I will get similarly great deal I was offered yesterday.

You keep saying this when it is WRONG. Go get a quote for a certified used MB from your dealer and let us know what the monthly is.

1 Like

Why should I needlessly bother my dealer asking for a quote for a vehicle I know I am not going to lease?

But, for all practical purposes, you can go on autotrader or cars dot com and search for certified used cars with less than 48K miles. Those cars can be leased, and if you find a leaseable car for half of what the original MSRP was, you bet you will get lower payments than any loaner you can get, despite higher MF and lack of similar factory incentives as on a loaner. This is a leg work and home work for those who are looking for a loaner/used car or suggest loaners/used cars, not for me to search/find and post here. I am just saying that IF I was willing to consider a loaner, I would most likely go with Certified Used, resting assured that it had one owner (as opposed to fifty dozens of drivers from all walks of life). But I personally am NOT going to consider any loaner/used car, because I am NOT in market for it. Period.

Have you considered a loaner? They’re cars the dealer has used for service customers. Often they have only a couple thousand miles and you can save big money on the payment.

Just wanted to make sure you’d considered this option.

7 Likes

I am not telling you to lease a loaner or certified used, I am telling you that you are WRONG saying you can lease a certified used for less than a new one.

4 Likes