List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Yep, they didn’t allow and Carmax still had them on their “excluded” list. But they started allowing somewhere last year. BTW, sold a Kona for $3,100 over payoff :slight_smile:

1 Like

Carvana doesn’t buy leases at all anymore :cry:

News to me? They stopped?

I may have misspoke, they may still buy some brands but definitely do not buy any of these. Although I remember reading that neither vroom or Carvana buy out leases altogether.

• AF Title Co / American Financial
  • Ally (Vault / Vaul Trust)
  • American Credit Acceptance
  • Audi Financial Services
  • BMW / Mini (FSVT LSR = BMW Lease)
  • Credit Union Leasing of America (CULA / CU Leasing Corp)
  • CULA (Credit Union Leasing of America)
  • Ford Motor Credit / Lincoln (CAB West / East LLC / HTD LSG LLC)
  • GM Financial / Buick (GMAC / ACAR Leasing / Americredit)
  • Honda / Acura (HVT INC / HVTS / Honda America Foundation)
  • Hyundai / Kia / Genesis (Hyundai Lease Title Trust / Genesis Finance)
  • Nissan / Infiniti (NMAC / IFS/ Nissan-Infiniti LT)
  • Southeast Toyota Finance (SETF / World Omni / VT INC / AL Holding)
  • Tesla (Tesla Lease Trust)
  • US Bank (USB Leasing / US Bank Lease)
  • Volkswagen Credit (VW Credit)
  • Volvo (VCFS Lien Company LLC / VCFS Auto Leasing Company)

That’s almost the same list that Carmax uses.

Notice what is NOT there.

• Chrysler
  • Chevy
  • Mercedes
  • Toyota (Not South East)

Those are the big ones and there are others but they slip my mind.

1 Like

Just checking but Chase Jaguar Land Rover still allowing, about to sign for my first edition Sport.

1 Like

Yes, just sold my LR 3 days ago

2 Likes

Vroom stopped buying leases. Carvana does. I’ve sold them several.

2 Likes

On a Mercedes lease, if you had MSDs, when a third party like CarMax buys out the lease, does MB send MSD refund to CarMax or to the original owner? Does CarMax hand you the MSD along with equity check?

It can depend, but you have to check ahead, but if it doesn’t include it, you get the MSDs in a check from Mercedes a few weeks later, not Carmax.

1 Like

They started allowing carmax buy Hyundai leases again? I’m in the market and my dealer has the shark teeth out. She said they don’t allow it. When I quoted the carmax price she actually LOLd. Can someone confirm this is true?

They never stopped, but more than likely Hyundai started to deliver the Titles in a timely fashion again.

They should probably update their website.

MB is missing, so it was updated in the last 90 days or so. Maybe they are slow or just testing the waters for Kia / Hyundai

1 Like

They showed the same and then bought my relatives’ Kona.

Carmax turned me down. They said it was Hyundai and when I challenged them they admitted it was getting the title that is an issue. They even made me sit there and get the car appraised and I was upfront from the beginning.

Started the process through driveway with a higher offer but it’s a more annoying process for a few hundred bucks.

Driveway is slow, but they get it done. I sold 2 cars to them. Re: Carmax - take your offer to a different location(s), if you have others.

1 Like

That’s not true. CarMax are not suppose to buy Hyundai/Kia leases

I’m refering to this.

Hyundai has Always allowed Carmax to buy the lease, Carmax won’t buy them because they can’t make a good profit if they have to wait 90 days to get the title.

Thanks for clarifying, I misinterpreted
Hyundai allow third party lease buyout, Carmax just don’t want to deal with the hassle of buying from them

2 Likes