List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

What’s the deal these days with selling a US Bank lease? Does anyone here buy them out for the standard buyout or does it have to be a dealer that has a relationship with them?

Has to be an affiliated usbank dealer, otherwise the buyout is much higher.

How do you find such dealers? Cold call? Is there anyone on here with a USB relationship?

There’s a separate thread here that lists places that buyout leases. I believe it includes some sources that can buyout USBank leases.

1 Like

How can i get Volkwagen third party buyout quote?

When i login to my VW financial account, it shows my payoff but not third party.

When i called them, they said go to payoffs.manheim.com to get quote. But i dont have manheim accoubt. Can someone help?

Does anyone know if MBFS Mercedes is allowing Carmax to buyout leases now? I know that they were not a while back…

Anyone know of any issue doing a third party buyout from Lexus Financial Services, within the last 1-2 months of the lease term? I have one payment left on the lease and looking to sell to carmax/carvana, etc.

Assuming the rules haven’t changed and the rules are the same for TFS, you should be good to go. I sold my TFS lease in the last couple of days of my lease and I believe they received the check in the 10 day grace period. I did shoot them a note on the portal to expect the payoff check from Carmax.

1 Like

@michael can we update the list up top?

1 Like

Only Hyundai and Kia and Audi rules have changed, anything else?

The Hundai and Kia allow buyouts but charge the lessee a $300 fee
Audi charges a ‘segment fee’ but still only allows Audi dealers to buy.

CULA allows 3rd party buyouts as well

1 Like

Could @AutoNinjas update the 1st entry with information regarding Stellantis Leases and third-party buyouts?

Has anyone done a third party buyout for Stellantis recently?

Are they charging same as first party buyout or different marked up?

All the buyouts i have heard of from sfs in the past 6 months have been the same as personal buyouts. No added costs.

I saw some comments here about Kia allowing third-party buyout, but I am not having the same experience. Had all agreed to sell my car and they are dropping now as Kia is not allowing the payoff.

Are you 100pct sure on that? I was told otherwise but this would be great news if so.

Yes, sold couple myself. Not sure if it makes a difference which credit union.

1 Like

Probably, it was mentioned somewhere else, but does anyone know if Stelantis Financial Services allows unrestricted 3rd party buyout?
I would add this financial institution to that list.
TIA

A document shared on the site Stellantis Financial Services 3rd party Lease Buyout Policy made it appear that a sale to a third party (non cdjr dealer) would be at a market/higher rate and cdjr dealers would also incur a fee.

I’ve sold two SFS leases to the same CDJR dealer and it was the same as my buyout price contradicting the doc.

Anyone else have data points?

I’d bet SFS doesn’t know their own rules.

3 Likes

They also weren’t allowing ev/phev personal buyouts for a few months. I suspect they originally had more restrictive buyout guidelines and then relaxed them.

1 Like