List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

MB is missing, so it was updated in the last 90 days or so. Maybe they are slow or just testing the waters for Kia / Hyundai

1 Like

They showed the same and then bought my relatives’ Kona.

Carmax turned me down. They said it was Hyundai and when I challenged them they admitted it was getting the title that is an issue. They even made me sit there and get the car appraised and I was upfront from the beginning.

Started the process through driveway with a higher offer but it’s a more annoying process for a few hundred bucks.

Driveway is slow, but they get it done. I sold 2 cars to them. Re: Carmax - take your offer to a different location(s), if you have others.

1 Like

That’s not true. CarMax are not suppose to buy Hyundai/Kia leases

I’m refering to this.

Hyundai has Always allowed Carmax to buy the lease, Carmax won’t buy them because they can’t make a good profit if they have to wait 90 days to get the title.

Thanks for clarifying, I misinterpreted
Hyundai allow third party lease buyout, Carmax just don’t want to deal with the hassle of buying from them

2 Likes

Can someone confirm if they’ve successfully had USBank process a 3rd party payoff recently?

My situation is as follows:
Received a payoff quote of ~$65k for personal payoff (assuming car was resold in 10 days to avoid paying sales tax). My dealer pulled a payoff quote and received the same ~$65k number. Dealer paid off my car, and USBank is now telling me I owe $20k+ because I terminated my lease early and the dealer bought it out instead of me. Insanity…

I have a 2020 Toyota Tundra Platinum lease that matured on 5/1/23, but the registration expired on 2/27/23. It matured an additional 2 months, because of 2 Covid Deferred payments (and after 12 months of a lease extension after my 2-year lease agreement ended).

Because I was away and grieving a loss around the time the registration expired and recently got back, I was unable to sell it to a third party before then. I then attempted to get a temporary registration twice at the CT DMV, but was first told on 5/1 that I needed a Power of Attorney, and then today, with the POA, I was told I couldn’t be qualified because they only grant temporary registrations for emissions testing of which my vehicle didn’t need.

I originally planned to sell it to Carmax, but according to their website, they require a current, up-to-date registration.

I was also told a dealer could provide me with dealer plates to drive it to the dealer, but from my understanding, it can only be sold to a dealer after buying out the lease first?

Are there any third party buyers who don’t require registration and will come pick up the vehicle?

is it a lease or do you own it?

It’s a lease.

Try @Anthony_Lopez or Equity Hacker on the front page

1 Like

Wacky Races Lol GIF by Boomerang Official
USBANK is run by Dick Dastardly. Have you talked to the dealer? It’s worth lawyering up for a lot less than 20k.

1 Like

I payoff all leases.

1 Like

Including stellantis financial?

yes we payoff stellantis

It probably will be worth it to just pay whatever late fees or other fees and renew for a year. Some states have a pretty big registration window. For example, I’m in Florida and my registration expires June 30, but I can renew it up until July 15th at midnight. It looks like you can request a prorated refund.

“If the vehicle/vessel is eligible for a refund, you will be given the option to request one during the online termination process. Checks will be mailed to you from the Connecticut Office of the State Comptroller.”

1 Like

Does anyone have a list of Ally certified dealers in Georgia. I read that only Ally certified dealers are able to buy your payout for the similar price your personal buyout is as I went to 2 dealerships 1 Alfa and 1 bmw and they said they were both told the higher payout option from Ally which is like $k over my own personal buyout . As I’m looking to het out of a new lease I got recently.

Maybe start here but I would verify from the dealer as I work with an Ally dealer a lot and they have had varying experiences on lease buyouts and usually have to push to get it without fees or adjustments.

1 Like

Most ally dealers here are only dodge, Alfa and jeep . I’d prefer to get back into a BMW as all my cars were previously but my dealer tried multiple times and ally wouldn’t budge on a stupid payoff amount that the dealer could go with . Only option is to go with a jeep rubicon but It’s honestly limit my first choice