Lincoln Navigator Reserve Lease MA - Any thoughts?

, ,

Two different deals, not three. We’ve already established the deals aren’t great. I’ve said multiple times I’m in MA

Lets focus on this one. Monthly payment comes out to $1275 according to dealer

Take out $123 for the excise and that should give a monthly of ~$1152.

On the leasehackr calculator, exact info entered, MF not marked up, Monthy comes out to $1098

I’m not suggested the dealer is miscalculating, I’m just wondering what I’m missing

Have you confirmed MF from the dealer? Or are you using one from Edmunds?

I got MF from edmunds (3.56%) which dealer confirmed is what they are using

You need the internal lease numbers from the dealer.

You are getting a standard quote sheet that dumbs everything down.

Did you confirm the acquisition fee is $0? That doesn’t look right.

That should be at least $595 + the 3.56% on top of that.

It looks like you are using the $1275 dealer number which corresponds to $0 DAS. However you do not have your calculator setup for $0 DAS. To do this, click the option “Capitalize all payments (excl. MSD)” When I replicate your calculator and set it for $0 DAS I get $1163 w/ sales tax no excise tax.

If I got this, Jim Bass Lincoln had a Continental that had hail damage at 30%+ off, with an outside 3rd party Ally lease at standard MF, paired with incentive and the finance incentives Lincoln had, it could’ve been free.

2 Likes

Yes but you would have to drive a continental lol

What happens when you turn it in though? I’m assuming that you’d have to get the hail damage fixed at some point throughout your lease.

OP, I would finance a used one. Leasing a Navi doesn’t make any sense, even though it’s my favorite full size SUV. You can get a 2-3 year old one in the 50’s or 60’s. Finance it over 60 months and your payment will be lower than leasing.

1 Like

$40k to drive this thing for 3 years? Ouch. OP must be rich.

Not rich. Thats why I’m trying to beat this deal down to its bones :slight_smile:

OP, are paying for this with pre-tax funds? Meaning, would this be a business deduction for you?

If it’s a business expense, finance that bad boy. Sec 179 is a powerful tool to look into.

2 Likes

Until you sell it and get to claim it all back as income. People always seem to forget that step (or they do something questionable like sell it to their aunt’s niece’s gardener for “$1” with a $40k processing fee that totally isn’t actually the value of the vehicle)

2 Likes

People also have this misconception that tax deductions make things free. Anyways I don’t think the OP’s tax situation has any bearing on this thread.

1 Like

People love to spend a dollar to save 10 cents.

3 Likes

Nope, not a business expense. I’m hoping to get lease worksheets from dealers today

U need a good CPA to take care of dep recap for you. I have been using section 179 for the last couple work vehicles now, there is a “trade in” clause in section 179 that our CPA uses.

I was asking if it is business related for the sake of real $ cost of the lease. I think at some point regardless of OP’s income, it will be “too much capital expenditure” on a vehicle after all. It this case $40k-ish to rent a car for 3 years. There are CPO navigators for 55-60k I bet out there to own for about the same monthly payment.

There used to be a clause that allowed for the deferral of taxes in like for like trades, but that changed in 2018 to have depreciation recapture due the year of the sale.

I have no idea of op’s financial situation but who’s to say op isn’t making 40 or 50k a month,maybe even more?? Can’t really say if it’s worth it without knowing the full picture.

Is it worth it? Only op can judge.

Is it a better deal to buy a cpo and extended warranty? Yes you are absolutely right on that, but at some point you make so much money you don’t really care because it’s easier to turn in a lease than deal with trade in values.

Like I said in the example above seems like op is not at that point but who am I to judge, as a good example my mom really wanted one so I just negotiated the best deal at the time and spent maybe a week or two and went out and got it. (This was when they were very fresh and used didn’t exist, not that it was an option anyway.)

1 Like

I thought that was if your business use drops below 50%. You may be right though.

Dep recap used be levied as capital gains tax and who knows with the new proposed Biden tax law if capital gains tax will be a thing anymore…sigh

I know Biden is proposing 1031 exchange to be eliminated for properties as well.
Anyways…wonder if I can pay for my car payments with food stamps haha