Life after EQE/EQS deals

By now, almost everyone familiar with this forum, knows how cheap the EQE’s and EQS’s have been going for.

Does this generally happen every year with at least one luxury brand or is this a pretty rare thing that is unlikely to repeat itself any time soon?

I upgraded to a loaded EQE 500 from a C300. I’m dreading the thought of shopping for a new lease in less than 3 years… thinking I’ll likely not find anything comparable for a similar price and need to go back to a C300 :joy:

Anyone else dreading a downgrade when returning your cheap EQE or EQS?

1 Like

I’d just enjoy it while you have it and not worry about what will be 3 years from now.

17 Likes

There is always a deal to be had. Enjoy the car while you have it, don’t let the future hunt ruin the next two years.

4 Likes

A month ago, I tried hacking an EQS. However, I did not have the energy chasing after dealers for deals. I ended up grabbing an Ioniq 5 last week at a decent price. I am going to enjoy my new car for the next three years.

Congrats and enjoy your EQS.

:100::100:

2 Likes

Dude did you just go from an Audi to a Hyundai??

Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened. I just leased a 580 at the beginning of last month, now it’s been in the shop for over 2 weeks with just 150ish miles on it. I might need to reach out to @djrabbi and start a lemonade stand.

2 Likes

Yes, I did. I was waiting for the release of the A6 etron, but it looks like it will be a 2025 model. I have a deposit on a Rivian R2. However, I might get another car before 2026. I’m always looking for deals. :grin:

EDIT: Insurance will be cheaper with the Hyundai and no need for premium gas.

Every once in a while I wonder if I should do the same so let me know if it’s not worth it after you get a bit more time with her.

My goal was to save a few $$. Up here in MA, we have to pay yearly excise tax on our cars. In my first year of owning the A6, I paid about $1k in additional tax. Not sure how much the Ioniq would cost, but probably much less given its lower MSRP ($53.9k vs $70k A6).

1 Like

I feel like the last few leasing cycles were weird for me. Right now it’s the first and maybe the last “EV” wave. Manufacturers are going to adjust, and EQS/EQE numbers are going to be worse in the future.
But on the other hand, if the market is going to struggle - it’s a hacking opportunity, whether it is a recession, financial crisis, war, or whatever keeps the demand broadly at bay. Like if new pandemic starts and lockdown orders are issued due to a new deadly virus - check what’s your local dealership opinion on it:)

posts brian GIF

This is awfully reminiscent of when CDJR was doing the wish.com G wagon (4xe) giveaway 2-3 years back

1 Like

Replaced my personal EQS’ with EQS AMG for myself and my dad’s EQS will get him a X5 CPO in July or August.

EQS deals were fun while they lasted and made tons of friends by it.

2 Likes

The archives of the site will show you that there’s always some hot deal that has a good run and one that will follow eventually. I get wistful every time I think of this 4xe being my last flip and then getting another one. (Come on CCAP, bring back the 7500)

With patience and flexibility, incentives and rebates, brokers and boredom, there’s always a next deal.

1 Like

Eqs deals over?

I want a x5m or the new m5 wagon - waiting for prices to keep sliding

I think bmw offers the best bang for the buck

Heck the svr has a bmw engine

Don’t tease like that. :joy:

1 Like

Lucid Air GT deals on remaining inventory look bonkers today. GT 18-month lease sub $700 with Tax, Title, and First Month DAS (~4k with how they handle taxes and fees). Looks like the on-site inventory bonus is $5k, and with referral you’re looking at minimal down payment if any to get that low cost…

Same. Waiting on M5 wagon prices. I might just do the E53 wagon maybe?

1 Like

$2-2,500 my best guess.

I would buy it, leasing it would be TERRIBLE

1 Like