Leasing has become a TERRIBLE Proposition - POWELL, GREED, and INFLATION are robbing you!

I really feel for anyone trying to lease. The difference from even one year ago when things were really starting to crash is even remarkable. Note if you go back to 2019 or 2020, and look at the difference in rates and incentives, you will see how much more you are getting HOSED. The message is clear to me: DO NOT LEASE.

MF x 2400 = APR (or the interest rate on the loan)
For those not aware

Case #1 Audi Q5
In September 2021 .00132 MF (3.1% interest) and 55% residual
In September 2022 00305 MF (7.3% interest) and 58% residual

Case #2 Infiniti QX50
I nailed one of these in September 2021, see my previous posts but essentially $47k vehicle with no money down except MSDs and all VA tax rolled in for $410 a month. You will pay double these days.
In September 2021 .00165 MF (3.96% interest) and 57% RV + $4,000 incentive
In September 2022 .00294 MF (7% interest) and 56% RV and NO incentive

Case #3 BMW X5
In September 2021 .00093 MF (2.2% interest) and 52% residual
In September 2022 .00190 MF (4.6% interest) and 51% residual

Case #4 Mercedes GLE
In September 2021 .00150 MF (3.6% interest) and 57% residual
In September 2022 .00230 (5.5% interest) and 56% residual

Although stealerships are starting to get more inventory, we are no where close to 2019/2020. Discounts are starting to grow and will grow more and more (I feel, which inventory racking up, just like homes are racking up). We need sub-vented rates and larger incentives from manufacturers. Biden and the democrats RUINED the EV tax but putting income limits on it and other restrictions.

Hopefully things change, but if no we are heading into a leasing recession. Many of you will be priced out of the market and inventory will ramp up. Then and only then, when profits sink will these climate get better.

Cheers

4 Likes

Welcome back, Andy.

15 Likes

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

19 Likes

Do You Even Lift Joe Biden GIF by Obama

13 Likes

Ice Cream GIF by GIPHY News

12 Likes

Yeah, how will those making 300k+ afford their Tesla Plaid now??!? Gofund me page?

Username checks out. How will the anesthesiologists afford their Taycans now…

6 Likes

Patreon or the popular special content website that came to life during the pandemic.

1 Like

Onlyfans right @NATO

4 Likes

What are the chances he wrote this up behind the drapes of a case :joy:

But seriously he’s right, now is a terrible time to lease.

Youre doing it wrong.

Many of the people here have been able to leverage leases over the last 6 months to a year very, very well.

14 Likes

whats-your-point-vanessa

4 Likes

sad scream queens GIF

Need to move to meme lounge. Mods?
@MikailSJ seriously?

1 Like

I hate when the guy who’s been handing out free candy for 5 years straight suddenly decides he’s not giving out free candy anymore. I dunno if I’d call it robbery though.

3 Likes

generalization, but you don’t have to be an anesthesiologist to afford a taycan…

2 Likes

His QX50 still has CVT, and you’re still on your gender journey, so I’m glad some things are still the same.

2 Likes

a q50 never had a cvt and i’m not sure what you mean by the second one?

1 Like

Sorry QX 50…typed too fast.

oh true. my new personal pronoun is the Royal We. OP still drives a qx50 :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Main takeaway, interest rates have gone up. No kidding. What is the current interest rate, adjusted for inflation, compared to the prior?