Leasing a LARGE SUV - Is there a good deal to be had?

$500/mo with $3552 DAS (trade-in may have been undervalued too). Not that good of a deal.

Congratulations and enjoy your MDX

1 Like

Kind of a long post and Iā€™m not sure if it was mentioned, did you shop the trade with carvana etc? Might be worth some extra dough

Congrats on the new ride! Iā€™m trying to convince the wife need an MDX to take advantage of the current deals on them LOL

Yeahā€¦
VW offered me 34
Carvama was 33,300
Vroom 33,500
Algo: 34,600
Acura dealer 1: 36k
Acura dealer 2: 37k

1 Like

Well - for those of you who didnā€™t think this was a good deal, the dealership thought it was a GREAT deal. So much so they want me to come back and sign a new contract where my payment would go up $50/month. According to them they understated the selling price and it should be closer to $48k (I didnā€™t get the exact number). ā€œThe salesman misrepresented the deal to the finance manager when she was drawing up the paper workā€.

After the salesman called earlier today and gave me a guilt trip about him getting fired if I donā€™t come back and sign the new deal, I ended up speaking with the GM. Basically he told me to come back and sign the new deal, or give the car back. This was after I was threatened that he would take me to court if I donā€™t come back. According to him, he doesnā€™t have any more room to budge and this is the best he can do.

I am probably going to just return it and get my Tahoe back and leverage the paperwork I have in hand to negotiate with other dealers.

Opinions/thoughts?

1 Like

Return it and keep shopping. Youā€™ve been given a second chance to get a better deal :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Give it back, no point working with them on this anymore

1 Like

I would like to chime in if I mayā€¦ I could be wrong but it sounds like all paperwork has been signed, and approved and funded by the bank if you have the carā€¦ what exactly can you be taken to court forā€¦? The deal is doneā€¦ just like you couldnā€™t return it if you felt the price was too high after buying itā€¦ they felt it was too low after buying itā€¦ lol I donā€™t get it. Contract is a contract. Tell them to shove it haha

Contract hasnā€™t been funded. Usually takes a few days. In the meanwhile dealer decided not to proceed with the dealer. One can argue there is no cooling off period for customers but only for dealersā€¦

4 Likes

Throw the keys back at them and run the other way.

2 Likes

That was my initial reaction, but after more digging and realizing that the contract wasnā€™t funded yet, I didnā€™t really have that option. Also, the salesman was somewhat crazy and some of the stories he was telling me as he was ā€œbuilding rapportā€ gave me the creeps. If for some reason he was fired, I would slightly be afraid of him doing something stupid to me or my family (he has all my information after all)

Return the car and run the f away from there.

Donā€™t sign a new contract even if they keep the payment the same.

6 Likes

Oh wow! Iā€™m like the odd one out here! Wow! Thatā€™s scary! Safety first.

2 Likes

Always a scary thought of crazy salesman having your info. Better safe than sorry.

1 Like

Itā€™s done. Iā€™ve returned the MDX and got in writing the the contract was written in error and void and that I am not legally responsible.

Thanks for following along everyone. On to the next one.

2 Likes

I think the real money on your trade is that $33k to $34k and these Acura dealers were trying to play hide the weenie and apparently someone screwed up when they put the numbers in the computer.

2 Likes

From what I understand, if the contract hasnā€™t funded, itā€™s not a valid contract, so you must return the car. Thereā€™s no legal grey zone here.

Contracts can have conditions and contingencies.

You also need to understand the mechanics of how a lease works. The dealer owns the car. They sell the car to a bank or leasing co, who pay the dealer for the car. The lessee pays back the bank over time.

Unless the bank pays the dealer, the deal is basically void and must be reversed

1 Like

Congratulations for returning your MDX! :champagne::clinking_glasses:

:point_up_2:t2::point_up_2:t2:

Good tip since you got a do-over

3 Likes