Leasing a LARGE SUV - Is there a good deal to be had?

Did you reach out to Curtis (@HersheySweet) to see what he can get you on a Pilot or MDX? You’re both in PA, and he’s offered to work hard on your behalf to grind the best deal he can get you.

If not, give him a try to see what he can get, you can always say no thanks.

2 Likes

Wow I did not think that actually happened. I think it is something they can do if there is trade, I do not think they can do it without it but I am no expert and am in a different state. I signed something like that for my Toyota which had a Toyota trade worth not much (and it was probably worth less than that in actuality). I remember being worried about it at the time although I have no idea why. I got a Rogue last week without a trade and do not remember signing anything like that plus the deal was not great anyway and I needed the car

Hi,

I have a toddler and an infant, and all fit very nicely in a 2019 Volvo XC90 R-design, T6, Polestar, Air Suspension - ~$75k MSRP. My lease is 10k/36mths for $560/mth + tax (Los Angeles) from Galpin. I’ve had this car a year and half ago, and it fits our lifestyle perfectly. My wife has a Subaru Forester (Limited, Eyesight with all the bells and whistles) for ~$275/mth - 12k/36mth) from Subaru Santa Monica. I actually have a personal connection at both Pacific and Santa Monica (LA Car Guys/. Both cars have ample space for all the kids stuffs, and they are AWD (personal preference). The Volvo is very nice. Can’t recommend it enough. One of the safest cars out there at that price point .

If you’re around my neck of the woods, PM me for more info. I’d love to help.

You could attempt similar deals, especially in this pandemic.

1 Like

Getting a good preincentive discount is key. Also this is PA.

1 Like

I didn’t not get to the part where he said he was in PA before adding my 2cents. You’re absolutely right about that! Just read up more and found out he singed already.

Good catch, brother/sister! :pray:

That is an amazing deal on the Forester, when did you get it? have not shopped Volvo so cannot comment on that one. Had a Volvo lease 20 years ago and it had an amazing residual which allowed the lease to be reasonable.

What was DAS?I was recently shopping for exactly the Forester, ended up with a Rogue SV and the deals on the east coast are very hard to get right now because there is no inventory and everyone wants to buy a car to avoid public transportation. As an example, more than one person quoted me the second Forester level up (premium maybe?) at well over 3 plus tax, bank and DMV. Was looking more at the CRV and Rogue because the Subarus were not a good deal right now

Hi,

Got this Forester back in March 2018. I paid ~$800 for tax/title/license. They threw in weather mats and a bunch of other goodies worth about $500.

The deal ended up being $312 (tax included) at Subaru Santa Monica. Again, as previously stated, I have a personal connection there + I’m an ex salesman.

If you’re around my area (I don’t know if they honor out of state deals), I could check up on a good deal for ya.

East Coast is a tough market to crack, for anything Subaru.

Just remembered that there was a Subaru salesman on here from Annapolis, MD. Can’t remember his name or handle right now. I’ve seen people on here getting absolutely great deals from him.

Search Subaru on here. I bet you could find them.

I already got a Nissan Rogue last week, so very done shopping until at least next summer and that one will be an 8 seater and I love my Highlander so probably will not switch it.Thank you. Yours is a very good deal. The $275 number is untouchable right now. I see lots of Subarus in my area but I rarely hear about good deals. Any idea why the East Coast (New York) is like this?

I had always assumed it was because Subaru does not have the volume of the others so they cannot make it up in quantity. Then also they do not have their own finance arm but use Chase.Speculating no idea the real reason

I think it has to do with demand due to climate. I’m from the East Coast and I’ve observed more Subaru there than anywhere else around the country. It is still very prized in the New England area. I guess that’s where the niche is.

Congrats on the Rogue. It is a very nice car.

1 Like

The key is always whether the dealership signed the deal. Can only enforce a writing against parties that signed it, generally. Why you never sign until the dealership does. They usually have recourse written into the contract though.

Any judge, if a case like that came into his or her court, where a dealership changed its mind on a deal, would have the sales manager shackled on the spot and sent to Rikers.