Leasing a LARGE SUV - Is there a good deal to be had?

How much could an engine or transmission possibly cost? :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Arcadia?

Outgoing body style GM trucks? Tahoe, caddy, Yukon. Not sure the specifics but they must be going (relatively) well with new bodies in town

In IA getting quoted, 2021 Atlas 3.6L V6 SE w/Technology SUV - 515/month, 39 mo/10
Pretty sure i can get it down to 500

Thanks all for the insights and current deals you are seeing on the 2021 Atlas. I just received their “best and final” (MRSP: 48,714 | Sell: $46,037) - I am going to part ways. My assumption and perception is that this dealer isn’t a volume dealer, so they have “less room” to negotiate deals and make it up on other sales. What’s infuriating is that there is a $1750 incentive, so the dealer is only offering $927 discount from MSRP.

I’ve moved on to the 2020 MDX (A-Spec or Advance) - I am seeing significant MSRP discounts and most dealers around me have 40+ 2020 MDX on their lots. With the new 2021 coming soon and a whole new redesign, I am thinking a fantastic deal is out there if I do my leg work.

1 Like

I was quoted on a 2021 Atlas S (base) with aftermarket leather for $350.00 a month 36/10 first month due at signing. not sure if that would work for you or if thats even a good deal.

Deal check please! 2020 MDX. They’re using the correct residual and MF according to Edmunds
The lower they go on the sell price, they jack up the MF. Other than that everything seems normal… anything I am missing or is just more negotiating on the sell price to bring the payment down for a better score. Thoughts?

Can one of the mods pin this to lease vs. buy threads please ? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Agree I bought my 2019 EX-L for 31,800 last year. Awesome car. Also Acadia leases are cheap. I just leased one for 0 das and 285 per month

1 Like

I thought the point of MDX’s was the incentives are good, but this has $0 incentives, or they are hiding it in the difference between MSRP and vehicle price.

1 Like

Yeah, seems high for an mdx. Thought they were going for mid 4’s?

Acura generally offers two different MF/incentive structures. A subvened MF with a smaller incentive and a non-subvened MF with a larger incentive. That’s where you’re seeing the difference.

Be sure you know the incentive amounts for both mfs from Edmunds.

2 Likes

Well here is what I ended up signing - not the best deal by any means. What do you guys think?
2020 MDX SH-AWD A-SPEC

My attempt at aligning the calculator: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Isn’t the idea of LH to collect this info, bring it back and post it for guidance before signing, and then go back and close a better deal? It seems a lot of good suggestions were offered, and some people even offered broker recommendations, and you went and signed a deal without getting feedback.

Its yours now, so enjoy your new MDX.

6 Likes

LOL at the monthly payment of $500.00/mo :rofl: This is on a different trim than what he posted earlier too.

Whatever, deal is signed, enjoy the car!

1 Like

The exact 500.00 payment kinda smells of someone who went in person with a particular monthly payment in mind.

2 Likes

Yes and the process worked. I started with a terrible deal on an Atlas, listened to suggestions, gathered information and signed a deal utilizing the vast amount of information shared throughout this forum. Can a better deal always be had, sure, but sometimes external factors play a part in making a decision quickly

1 Like

Nowadays more than the lease deal I wonder if the trade is where money was left on the table.

If there was some wacky offer from Vroom or Carvana or Algo or Shift or whatever that was higher than what the dealer offered.

1 Like

VW offered me 34
Carvama was 33,300
Vroom 33,500
Algo: 34,600
Acura dealer 1: 36k
Acura dealer 2: 37k

1 Like

Same trim the whole time mdx aspec

I thought it was weird too. Just happened to work out that way :person_shrugging: