Leasing a BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance

2017 BMW X5 xDrive40e iPerformance
36/12K
91360 - In Southern California.

I am a newbie here. Looking to lease X5 xDrive40e iPerformance Electric Hybrid. What are the current RV and MF? Without going into deal negotiation, I see the following advertised:

MSRP - $66295
Purchase Option - $38,451 (From this, RV seems to be 58%)

Cap Cost - $55,075
Customer Down Payment - $3500
Lease Credit - $5000
Cash Due Signing - $3500 (Down) + $995 (Destination) + $925 (Acq Fee) +$599 (First Mo)
Monthly - $599 (excl tax)

What is your advice on leasing this SUV? What rebates are available that can be utilized to bring down the Lease? I am planning to do this:

1. 7 MSDs
  2. AARP Discount

Any experience you can share?

assuming this is 10,000 mile, I think you can get monthly $600 including tax eventually.

when you lease a car, do not put money down. Go 7 MSDs for $4000+ instead, money factor would lower from .00146, to .00097.

Let me know how it goes

What rebates are available that can be utilized to bring down the Lease?

I think you can still get fleet from a big company and also existing loyalty?

Regardless what rebate or credit, don’t waste time talking about that, just be nice and calm to let sales know your goal and you know they can do it, if they don’t, other dealer will, because in fact that’s what other people got right now

Some dealers are simply not giving the $4668 for federal incentive as lease cash. Dealer that I went to today would only talk about 3000 lease credit. Would not honor the $4668 Fed incentive.

This is unusual. I have not seen destination listed as part of drive off for BMW.

No BMW dealer is going to give you the entire Fed rebate. $3K max at this time. You price is not too bad as a starting point. I leased a $73K X5 40e last August for $599 including tax. Incentives were great at that time for a 2016.

Search for my old post for details and good luck.

I am looking at a 2017 with a 73k sticker. $3k down, 15k miles per year, $900/month for 36 months.

If Xpress was paying $600, am I getting hosed?

1 Like

Why did you ask that question when you know the answer?

What’s the selling price, MF they are charging. You should be around $650/$700 plus tax

I’m new to this so I’m not really sure I know what I’m doing.

Money factor is .00190 and a 55% residual.

The sticker was $73k and the selling price after the federal money incentive for the
plug in hybrid and the dealer discount was 62,395. Total discount is $10, 675.

Payment was $900 a month for 36 months. $3k down.

Is this a bad deal? I’m trying to learn more about leasing as I’m a real newb…
I’ve tried the calculators but I still don’t know enough to really understand what I’m
looking at.

Appreciate any insight.

Wait until the end of month if possible; tell them the price is too high and wait until a week left. Personally, I decided to wait until June and July to see what BMW incentives look like

MF is inflated by .0004

How am I at $900 per month and Xpress was down to $600? That’s a pretty significant difference.

What am I doing wrong? Even with a slightly inflated MF, I’m looking at a 50% larger payment than Xpress.

I am supposed to pick one up today for 650 per month inc tax with 0 cap reduction on a 36/12. The MSRP is 72k . This was all done via email at a dealership that I have worked with in the past. If it goes as planned I will forward you all the specifics. Originally the deal was for 637 Inc tax but I waited and lost the AARP incentive.

1 Like

Can you give me your specifics on the deal? I don’t need to know the dealer or your location.

I’m doing 15k a year, but I’d like to go back at my dealer with your numbers and see if I can work this out.

I will forward you everything including the dealer contact info. tonight. Im in socal. I think you should find another dealer to get the car from as you can’t trust them after the quote you received. This will be my 7th car I leased or purchased from them so I’m pretty sure this is a done deal. Some things I do know about this deal is I submitted a finance app last month so I was able to lock in the lower MF and the MSD program. They are also giving me 5500 in rebates plus another 1000 from BMW . I haven’t read online of any 1000 dealer incentives so I think it is a 1500 corporate/fleet incentive and they are adding 500 back to their discount to me.

Holy cow you smashed my numbers without the AARP- I couldn’t do AARP (found out too late) and I’m $670 incl tax on a $73k car

Well done sir

Hey brotha! What dealership are you going threw? That is a killer deal!