Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

I have plenty, I’m not sure which ones I told because the mods decided to lock the thread and I forgot about it.

I’m sure there’s still plenty - I had a recent fun experience when I told someone that put a deposit on a C8 with the previous owners that we are going to be 10k over (before we placed his order).

Spoiler - it started with him referring to me as a “donkey cock gobbler” in a Yelp review (however the hell that made it through the profanity filter).

2 Likes

That’s a good one… have to save that for emergencies lol

Inspired by a Pontiac Aztek I saw during my commute today.

11 Likes

Finally @HersheySweet nailed a meme! @jananth1

1 Like

Here is for many more :grin:
7991259a300a47d6797b4e26eca6616a

2 Likes

Punching in random numbers into the calculator like

2 Likes

Unless you pay for Yelp ads they aren’t very responsive to anything. Also they have a “formula” which results in 5-star ads getting removed if they start to pile up.

1 Like

Dealers, when the OP goes away for the weekend:

4 Likes

“Honey they want $659/month for the A220”

7 Likes

Let’s be honest, the Aztek is the daddy of virtually every Crossover/CUV we see on the road today. It died for their sins. I fondly remember my dad’s, moreso than his subsequent Buick Rendezvous.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Yall gotta start including links to the threads with these posts. I’m missing too much of the meta

7 Likes

7 Likes

I took a little editorial liberty here, see also

FWIW most dealerships make their money in service, then used car sales. New car sales is most of the top-line revenue, but barely contributes to net profit.

8 Likes

Ha, exactly!

More money in new car sales than used. More money in service than both.

6 Likes

Definitely more revenue, but if there is more gross in new cars than used, it might be time for a new Used Car manager.

2 Likes

No, used cars have always been less profitable (in every dealership I’ve ever worked in). Competition causes margin compression.

Every store makes substantially more on new with almost all brands (there are 2/3 exceptions).

If you aren’t making money selling used cars, why bother. The used car factory doesn’t force them down your throat like the new car factory

3 Likes

For industry wide numbers, @jeisensc is correct.

You can check the annual reports of the publicly held auto dealer companies

3 Likes