Leasehackr Lingo/Jargon and Acronyms

“Fully Loaded” - Usually a mid to upper middle trim level car, with a bunch of options that jack up the price, but are used by the poster to justify the high price they paid. 99% of the time the car is not really “Fully Loaded”.

4 Likes

“Get me done” - someone with poor credit, usually sent to “spifi”, short for “special finance” aka 21% APR, they usually have “stips” to get their deals bought, aka stipulations, documents required by the bank to buy the contract, bank statements, pay stubs etc. As I drink more I remember more of the dealer lingo

2 Likes

Never seen spifi before.

I will update all these when I get a chance to the OP (original post), I would say original poster is (OPs), maybe… lol @michael

well are you gonna provide definitions ? :stuck_out_tongue:

This is actually a pretty good list

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/car-lot-lingo-talk-the-talk.html

And another one, has the classic

Choke and Croak: The disability and life insurance policies sold in the finance office.

Was trying not too…

2 Likes

Too many video games, probably.

Down this same vein, I’d also note that

• $0 down means no CCR

• CCR means Cap Cost Reduction

• $0 DAS means literally nothing due at signing. Zero. Drive off without even putting a penny towards the lease

• ^ I thought this one was straightforward til a couple days ago when I saw a registered business not using it correctly and @chevysalesgirl had to correct them.
1 Like

thanks :smile: I’ll have to find a way to incorporate “pounders” into my daily convos now

1 Like

My 3 year old son uses it all the time. “Dada are you going to make Pounders?” “Ryder makes Pounders”

2 Likes

Just watch VW’s TV ad for 0-0-0 (or is it four zeroes?), where the say 0 due at signing AND plus tax, tags and fees.

1 Like

You really don’t start calling it a pounder unless it’s $3000 or higher, or least that was how it was played in my sales days. “Man I just had a lay down on a factory car, it was a 3 pounder” or “Man I just ripped that guys head off on a factory car, sold it at “invoice” and made a 3 pounder”

1 Like

Spoon, a deal that’s already done that is giving to the managers/gsm/gm favorite sales person or pet. This person may also be nicknamed “Spoon” since they always get those deals. Very little work required for “Spoon”, maybe take the car to detail and/or make a copy of an insurance card.

Not be confused with a newbie who posts a ridiculous request on leasehackr and wants everything spoon fed to them, :spoon:

4 Likes

Very cool! I actually see this happen often, didn’t know there was a term for it.

AKA SPOON BOY. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Still a little confused by punched…

A punched car is a new car the dealer marked as “sold” to the manufacturer so that they claim any dealer cash or incentives the manufacturer has on the car?

At that point, the dealer would have to sell the car above cost to keep all the money or else they have to refund the incentives to the manufacturer?

Depends, loaner status usually just starts the warranty clock, still eligible for incentives, varies by make. Retailing a car starts the clock and takes all incentives available at that time. Title status varies by state requirements.

Awesome. So no real definition for it then, except it depends?

Pretty much, but that’s basically how it works for all of them. Demo’s may or may not have the clock started depending on the dealer. Technically the clock should start but some don’t do it.

I’d suggest adding “cap” and/or adj cap to the definitions