Leasehackr Lingo/Jargon and Acronyms

What?..

If I got it wrong, let me know.

Punched demo/loaners can be leased. Dealers claim them as sold and get rebates plus monthly amortization back for punched demo/loaners after meeting certain criteria (3 months/4.5k miles or 6 months/6k miles for Volvo, for example)

1 Like

Much better explanation!

Ya I was mentioning it to be added to the list

Pull Ahead … brand/captive finance ends your lease early if you go into another brand vehicle. Usually 3 months but also upto 12.

1 Like

I thought you knew something else that I didn’t know about punched cars. No one knows everything (though some think otherwise) and I’m learning here. Didn’t mean to be mean, sorry :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Brokers care to share meaning of “grounding” or “grounded” car?

I know what it means, but sure someone else could explain it better.

Grounded…when your lease is turned in, the dealer reports this to the bank and typically has you sign an odometer statement and gives you a copy, they might even give you a print out showing the vehicle turned in, your experience my vary

2 Likes

Mercedes once “punched” a car and said they couldn’t lease it anymore, that they took all the trunk money (another term), they said they would have to reverse it to lease it.

1 Like

So I guess the term “punched” only means that a car is reported as sold by the dealer while still staying at dealer’s possession then? Would love a definition from our dealers.

1 Like

Need some car biz terms on here @chevysalesgirl

Pounder
Mini
Roach
Straw purchase

:grimacing:

4 Likes

Skated - when another salesperson steals your customer,“Hey Steve just skated me on that deal, I had him logged!”

Stroke - A tire kicker that comes in and wastes your time

BDC - Business Development Center, a place where poor schleps have to call customers cold/follow up etc and tell them whatever to get them to come in.

1 Like

Yep missed those. We don’t use stroke at our store. We can them “jacks”. “I just got jacked for 2 hours”

Skating happens a lot

2 Likes

I’m not sure why but when I saw BDC my mind immediately pulled up big d*ck club.

3 Likes

Just covered straw here :slight_smile:

1 Like

See also “glorified secretary”

Ya thats a little weird one. Normally the Straw purchase is also registered in signers name.

I have a BDC Rep… Also happens to be my Sister in Law.

Yeah, that’s true.

Anyone whose ever filled out a 4473 would also know what a straw purchase is