Leasehackr Lingo/Jargon and Acronyms

Not really lingo/jargon

I am wondering what’s the “OL code” stands for.

Here’s a crystal balls lexicon

Dealership = place where you get scammed
Salesperson = someone who knows a little about the car such as color and where the keys are and knows nothing about the price
Finance Manager = the guy who pretends to sell the car but really sells spiffs
Spiffs = useless stuff that guy above sells
Internet sales aka bdc = the guy who gets you to come in the dealership (see 1 above) no matter what
Lease special = the price no one gets and involves heavy downpayment
Downpayment = what you pay the dealer so he can make payments on his boat
Trade in = what the dealer does when they are stealing your car

8 Likes

Completely DISAGREE…

Dealership: The Actual Land Of Opportunities
You either make it … or you walk out of here punching yourself for the next 24,36 and in rare cases 42 months.

1 Like

Think spiffs is incorrect term.

Spiffs are normally cash bonuses: Multi Unit, Aged inventory, etc.

Hope I don’t fall under salesperson or internet manager :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree spiff = cash bonus but so is the Insurance at F&I - they get spiffs from selling them and thus, the short hand is to call it a spiff …

Plus in case no-one noticed, accuracy is not my forte, I am more a style over substance kind of guy …

2 Likes

Right…

1 Like

Come on man - MEMEs are so 2018…

well, wth does VPP mean, and other incentive abbreviations…

VPP ==> “Vehicle Pricing Program”.

Many of the OEMs will give an employee of a supplier or other favored groups fixed discount pricing on vehicles. Hence the VPP programs.

Programs like Costco auto buying, or GMsupplier are examples

Cracked-When a sale person is in a slump or very negative, needs a 3 pounder and he’ll be as good as new. “Mike has had 5 strokes in a row, he’s completely cracked”

1 Like

Leaker-That salesman that always leaves early and you’re not sure when he left. “Looks like Steve leaked again”

First I’ve heard that one. I call them part timers

You’re kinda right. VPP is Nissan’s lingo for supplier/employee pricing. It stands for Vehicle Purchase Program though.

All the captives have different names for similar programs though. GMS (employee) and GSU (supplier) for GM. GM also does an Educator, and First Responder discount too, which is essentially GSU pricing. Volvo does “A Plan.” Ford does A/Z Plan (employee and retiree respectfully), X plan (friends and family) and D plan (dealerships and employees). Etc…

TLDR;
If someone is referring to VPP and not referring to Nissan/Infiniti pricing, that is incorrect.

1 Like

Toyota has their program too. VSPP for Toyota Corp Employees and their family. But for the most part you can get a better deal without it.

VSPP is Invoice minus Holdback and Finance Reserve. Then they have their own rebate chart. But can’t use special financing etc.

2 Likes

To salesperson’s all these programs are known as mini’s(unless you’re about to hit a volume bonus)

“Oh great I get stuck with this gms deal while Steve gets a 3 pounder, I’m cracked”

Steve, “I bet Adam is completely cracked, stuck with that employee deal, I just hit it out of the park, they bought the lifetime blinker fluid refills in the box too, that’s $100 spiff”

6 Likes

Cracked… i use this term a lot.

2 Likes

The box -this is the office where the shady F&I guy or gal tries to get to buy things you don’t need, it typically has a door or is far enough away from other customers so they can’t hear the unbelievable stories and lies being told.

4 Likes

@littleviolette @michael can you please make this a sticky and add it under the Leasing 101 section.

6 Likes

What a great idea! Thanks for adding this! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I agree that it should be sticky (oh but I am not sure that being a newbie, I should make any suggestion, but since CaptQ said it first I am just agreeing with him.)