Leasehackr in Bloomberg News article re the BMW $54 i3 deal EDIT: THE DEAL IS LONG DEAD AND OYSTER BAY BMW IS A DISASTER OF A DEALER

8 Likes

The forum homepage needs to be changed to the “that’s not how this place works” thread for the next week as I am sure there will be an onslaught of people expecting deals like that.

3 Likes

I was just going to type that.

Hey, can you PM me the dealer? I live in Insert location here

1 Like

Get ready for the noobs. There should be a reading requirement before you are able to post. I have learned alot by reading.

The brokers can really really do well. I’m happy for them.

1 Like

1 Like

And the gates of leasehackr deals shall open and we shall be flooded :rofl:

BMW of Oyster Bay is about to get flooded with calls/emails/walk-ins.

ALL CAPS edit should help haha…worst receptionist and sales people. The finance manager was nice and personable, but finally sitting down with him was a nightmare process…over 3 weeks if I remember correctly.

1 Like

@HN308 Congrats to the guru :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@nextlevelautobrokers

When you were trying to work with Oyster Bay, they were already flooded with inquiries from LH so its almost a miracle you got the car from them.

When I started doing my research on this car I had the whole field to myself with 50 odd cars to choose from in Tri-state area and even then I couldn’t even get a quote after reaching them more than 3 separate occasions.

Also thanks for your offer for being interviewed and quoted for this Bloomberg article.

The only thing I would change in it would be to mention that this was during the turn of the model year from 2017 to 2018 and there were some incentives like build out cash which are not available now so the readers of that article understand that it is not a norm to get the i3 at such lease prices but was more of an exception which us community members took advantage of at a particular time.

HN.

5 Likes

Such a humble person, didn’t care to be acknowledged or recognized in the article. My friend, on the other hand (who had very little to do with the deal) was eager to get his name out there.

7 Likes

Famous.

2 Likes

I was one of the lucky ones who got in on this, @HN308 took the time to talk to me on the phone a least 2x and put up with my noob questions over text until the deal was signed…
4+months later I still visit the site (almost daily) and cannot wait til I need another vehicle.
This is a great site with great people (even the TSLA haters/fanboys…:slight_smile: .
cheers!

1 Like

Oh the emails and calls generated from this article make me want to cry and hide in a hole.

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

5 Likes

Better you than us. :joy: I’ve only seen 1 newbie post looking for the i3 today so far.

3 Likes

@blablabla

Hope you are enjoying your car.

This thread is like a throwback from when we were all discussing how to get the remaining i3s in tri-state. Few of those people reached back to me today after reading this article on Bloomberg. Thanks a lot to everyone who reached out to me.

Also you were very generous with your donation to the site and are still active on the site so that is good to know.

@GAngellBMW
Sorry for the trouble this thread might have created for you and other BMW dealers. I had clearly mentioned how to replicate the deal and where it could be done but some people just read the title and get excited and start calling dealers before reading through the thread.

I am amazed no one PMd me today so far on how to replicate the deal.

HN

1 Like

I guess the “what happens on leasehackr, stays on leasehackr” thing was only in my head?

1 Like

Definitely should mention the deal is dead…oh well hopefully people will get discouraged and fall off before December IF the deal comes back.

The jig is up. Things won’t be the same.

1 Like