Leasehackr in Bloomberg News article re the BMW $54 i3 deal EDIT: THE DEAL IS LONG DEAD AND OYSTER BAY BMW IS A DISASTER OF A DEALER

Aren’t these considered to be leads?

Absolutely! (20202020)

So wait, is Piccolo @nextlevelautobrokers or is that your friend?

that’s my buddy…

@HN308 you are famous!

some context: zerohedge.com has a pretty clear bearish tone when it comes to the economy and the market, so the article (just like the bloomberg note) is “tiny bit” misleading to suggest that I3s are -consistently- going for that…

Got my 1st one today

1 Like

Ahhh modern reporting. Gotta love it.

I knew it was over once a relative sent me the article and said didn’t you try to get one months ago? Also the journalist was very misleading.

i love that there’s a pic of the i8 instead of the i3

Man the comments on that zerohedge article is just cringeworthy.

hahaha…so many homophobes hiding behind their computers

One comment I read rang true for me. It’s a terrible looking car, but for $54/month, how can you say no.

Free charging already saves me $100/month. I hate everything about this car except the savings haha

I think I lost brain cells reading those comments. Especially the guy who thinks electric car lease at $1000 a month plus. A Bolt at $900 would be a steal to him!

hope he gets it, then asks hackrs to evaluate.

1 Like

My husband sent me this article last night and I said, “Now THAT’S a leasehackr deal”. Then I read the article and leasehackr was mentioned!

He likes to pay cash for under $10k vehicles, drive them for a few years and sell on cragislist, usually getting most if not all of his money back, but he said for under $200/month he’d take an i3. Think that deal exists anywhere in the midwest?

No that’s what dead means

2 Likes

I read the whole thread and know what dead means :yum: I’m not looking for $54/month, I’m looking for under $200/month.

Call some dealers and let us know what they say.

54 a month is dead, under 200 a month is in a coma, and close to dead.

@tedDSM

You need to get quotes locally but the more competition in your area the better your chances are.

Getting 10% off MSRP before incentives should be your target before incentives.

Depending on which incentives you qualify for, you can get this car at a good price.

Below are some incentives you can target.

1. 7500 icredit which everyone gets.
  2. BMW loyalty if you own or lease another BMW in household
  3. Recent Grad discount - 1k
  4. Military discount
  5. OL code if you have one or look in the forum to get an updated link to get the code
  6. BMW car club membership rebate. You get money back later and not from the dealer.
  7. Fleet discount depending on your employer or the college/school or other associations you are tied with.
  8. BMW lease cash.
  9. Any state rebates your state has for electric cars
  10. some utility companies even have rebates for electric cars.

You will not be able to stack all of the above rebates even if you qualify for them. This is just a list for you to consider and try using the most you can.

Do your homework and be informed before reaching out to the dealers. Only discuss price before incentives with them and more you can get discount the better your monthly will eventually get and don’t pay dealer fees. I have yet to see any dealer loose a sale for dealer fees and it’s absolutely negotiable but that will be at the end.

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

Unfortunately my local dealer has no i3s (plural, not the new i3s model :slight_smile:) and the closest dealer with an i3 is outside the range of the i3… haha, but we’ll probably target a range extender model so that won’t really matter.

I have a BMW now and I’m familiar with all those incentives except an “OL code”, not sure what that one is. I’ve checked Edmund’s for the lease numbers and I’ll be watching. I’m not really in a hurry. I’m thinking this October/November will be a good time as they make the switch from MY2018 to MY2019 according to the production chart on the BMW forums.