**Leasehackr Forum Feedback Wanted!**

Leasehackr Forum launched a little over a year ago, and it’s been amazing to see this community of enthusiasts grow.

We’d love to get your feedback so this resource can be as effective as possible. In particular:

• How can we improve the user experience?
  • Are there too many threads, making it difficult to keep up with deals?
  • How would the forum be best organized?

Your suggestions are welcome!

Leasehackr Team

1 Like

Michael, first I would just like to say thank you for everything you do here. It is truly appreciated.

I think it would be nice if there was just one thread for each model. Frequently, people will start a new thread just to say “how does this look? TIA” instead of posting in the massive thread already dealing with the Equinox or QX60 or whatever model it is. This will cut down on clutter, and make it easier for you because people tend to ask the same questions over and over because they are too lazy to search (Example: 2 threads on the GLS in like 2 days). If there was just a generic thread for a model for the month (because incentives and MF do change), it would make everything a lot easier to read.

3 Likes

Yes Michael. This forum rocks.

I even appreciate all of the extra things programmed in to that I have not seen on any other forum.

The line that shows my “last visit” is perhaps my favorite coding.

I have two feature request - should be just 2 lines of code for you:

1. Make hyperlinks clickable in a new window…
  2. Add the ability to [Copy] text (in addition to [Quote] when highlighting text).
1 Like

Michael, great forum, thanks for all your support.

As far as suggestions go, i find that often times posts where people are asking for residuals and money factors for specific cars kind of get lost in all the other discussions. Maybe you can designate a sub section for those specific questions or have a running master list that gets updated every month (probably more work for you but would be beneficial to many people).

2 Likes

Basically - make it similar to Edmunds, like @BoardWalkNJ suggested. Would be much easier to navigate by make and model. Don’t need to have ALL makes/models, of course, but can add them as requests come for a specific car.

1 Like

I would suggest to organize threads by lender/manufacturers somehow in conjunction with make and model. And I agree with making links open in new windows.

1 Like

LH forums seem to have reached the critical mass where there’s both lots of information archived/findable by search and lots of noobs (for want of a better term) seeking to be spoonfed information, i.e. given answers to even the most basic questions.

Not sure how much can be done about it but at least a sticky with links to FAQs and tips on searching might help

3 Likes

The best purpose of this forum is information sharing, and the most “real world” numbers (not theoretical) are those posted by people sharing their signed deals.

There is always going to be a internet warrior know-it-all who will second guess these posts (“coulda saved ABC grand off MSRP or XXX per month”), which is a BIG dis-incentive for anyone to share their deals.

Such posts should be deleted post haste and repeat violaters banned.

1 Like

Ha…

Theodore Adorno and the Institute of Social Research at Frankfurt University would be very proud of you.

I mean, while you are at it - why not censor posts that have the word “max” in it? The word “max” traumatizes me because it implies I am getting ripped off by car dealers to the max… which is a BIG dis-incentive for me to share my deals with lurkers on this awesome forum.

Thanks for making the forum available. As feedback consider other application for the forum, more in line with what other forums look like (guess it’s just what I’m used to). Thanks again.

Most “real world” numbers let the car dealers steal thousands of dollars from us.

Because decades ago, 20% was their invoice price.

Today, the “invoice price” is a fraction of that… around 4% to 5%.

So when real people sign real-world deals and ask if 4% off MSRP is a good deal, I say NO!!!

I just read another post somewhere on this forum where a poster got 20% off MSRP - just by going directly to the sales manager.

Now that is real world!

Michael great forum.

There is a user “rvguy” who has written some excellent comments and insight on how the leasing and in particular RV works. You might consider asking him if his words could be featured in some manner.

The calculator has to be one of the best I have found. I really like the ability to select the car and have it fill in various figures. It would be great if a save button could be added so you could see a few different configurations.

1 Like

Longtime lurker, finally pulled the trigger and got an account. Thanks for all the hard work.

I backup the request to have a central “master” list of residuals and MF, even if it’s just a google doc that can be updated once a month or something of the sort. I think that would eliminate a lot of threads and centralize discussion a bit more.

Same with having one thread for a specific model for a couple of months (e.g. Honda CRV Winter 2016) to reduce clutter.

+1 on the residuals and MF for top 50 brands/models as a post or table.
Have featured lease deals updated weekly as hackrs post their deals
Have a way to capture the individual deals people post in a table or a section for post your own deals. Current table seems to be a fraction of actual deals, so there is need to make it user editable and I don’t think it needs to be curated.

Dear Santa!
I’ve been a good boy (I think), so can you please ban that nutty, angry boy as your gift for Christmas? That boy who keeps loitering all over this wonderful gingerbread house that you’ve build here for nice boys and girls. He takes snippets of other nice boys’ texts and inserts them into his endless paragraphs of utter nonsense, making every thread simply unreadable. He even goes as far as advising others on best strategies using these nice boys’ posts, without even crediting nice boys for their helpful insight. Maybe, as an alternative, you can just programmatically limit him to 20 characters max in each thread? This would be a straightforward code modification similar to 20 characters min, but based on user ID. And who knows, it may even be handy in the future for other nutty boys.
Sincerely,
Ursus

7 Likes

Full disclosure should be required, for anyone who is an industry professional.

E.g. this guy. After I posted a lease calc spreadsheet that can be used in the 40-odd states that tax the monthly payment, he wants a calculator for all the other states. What kind of individual needs a calculator that works in all 50 states?

And when he says “client” what does he mean? Client of his dealership, his broker service or what?

1 Like

Yes.

I admit it.

I am an industry professional. I help everyday car buyers level the playing field with car dealerships.

Have you looked at my profile? I am very upfront about this.

Looked at profile. “truth in 7minutes”, heh?

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7… Minute… Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you’re going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin’ there, there’s 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That’s - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you’re not happy with the first 7 minutes, we’re gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That’s it. That’s our motto. That’s where we’re comin’ from. That’s from “A” to “B”.
Ted: That’s right. That’s - that’s good. That’s good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you’re in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody’s comin’ up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won’t even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.
Ted: That - good point.

2 Likes

Yes! I totally agree with this!

1 Like