How to work the deal?

What do you mean? E.g. on the “with MSD” sheet, there is only one input for cap cost reduction. Cell C18. Make that 0 and there is none

I was looking at the sheet without MSD.

Same thing, there is only one cell for inputting cap cost reduction (Cell C15)

I see a repeat for cap cost reduction at cell 29.

Once again, thank you for this. You have no idea how valuable this is for us.

It’s not an input.

Why is it there on line 29? If you elect to make a CCR (cap cost reduction) (line 15), it reduces your net cap cost. It doesn’t do so magically. Any CCR you elect to make gets added to your ‘due at signing’…that’s how leases work.

Ah ha.

My bad. I did not play with it.

I thought it was an input.

One last question - if the state sales tax is not on the payment, but rather:

• levied on the sales price upfront (e.g. VA, TX, GA)…

Or;

• levied on the total lease payment upfront (e.g. NY, MN, OH)…

How do you recommend we use your AWESOME sheets?

Do your research online first…True Car, forums like this etc. See what others are paying.

Come up with a payment. Tell the dealer that’s what you’re willing to pay. Rinse and repeat across multiple channels.

I realize this flies in the face of everyone armed with MF/residual/invoice ets…but the bottom line is how much are we going to pay, in total, for your lease. Let the dealers figure out how to get to your number.

It works for me.

Let me get back to you.

I gave someone permission to edit and they have messed up some things.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Ha.

That might have been me.

I assumed your sheets were read only… I saw you change that on the fly.

Feel free to unleash your virtual wrath of fury on me.:>

It’s alright. Thanks for owning up to it.

The coverup is always worse than the crime.

• Bill Clinton ← probably not true, but it makes for a good quote attribution

I usually say “I’m looking at both options” when asked about whrther I’m in interested in a buy or lease.

1 Like

The easiest to use:

http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

I made a spreadsheet for tax levied on sales price, with BMW and MB MSDs built-in. The monthly payment are based on $0 down.

Put all your numbers into orange cells and all others will be calculated.

Feel free to test and let me know if this works.

Heres what has worked for me in the past, go in ask for a breakdown of the lease, with specifics not just a monthly and total due at signing, and make an offer on the sales price and call them out on any MF markup or anything like that, if they don’t want to accept your offer, say thank you for your time and walk right out the door, if they know youl walk they will be more willing to work with you. Good luck!

Anyone here try to negotiate exclusively over email without stepping foot into the dealership… car delivered to your home or office?

You can, but IMO a beating heart in the dealership has a lot more pull than over the internet.

Not true, what I do is email multiple dealers and make them battle each other out to get my business. Best deal wins.

Cool.

Do they deliver the car to your home or office?

If so, how do they try and sell you the extra F&I B.S. - right at your home or before they deliver the car?

All that just depends on the dealer really, I think most will deliver and, depending on distance, charge some fee.