Leased a Car and its a faulty one, what are my options?

MUST HAVE CARPLAY! Car is junk without it.

4 Likes

It irks me to no end when people try to justify it (or any car) by raving about the technology. I care how it drives.

6 Likes

It hasn’t been funded yet, most likely. Might be easier for the dealer to take the car back and give it back to MB to deal with it.

1 Like

Easier for OP yes. Manufacturer won’t brand the title without a fight. If they unwind the deal, they’ll likely just PDI it again and resell it like nothing happened.

Probably not common but I’ve crossed paths with several dealerships/groups who ran a very tight ship: captive contracts were packaged/funded within 3 business days and tag/title was done within 2 business days. Many have a mess to cleanup at month end, but it varies.

I put it in the same category as “is it normal they didn’t cut me a check back in 5 mins?” It depends on how regimented that dealer is and what cadence they work at. Some small dealers still have manual checkbooks, most go through AP, and AP in any company rarely cuts checks every day: they batch the cash requirements up front and approvals on the back. But YMMV.

Edit: today I learned Acura instant funds, which means a dealer could process the tag and title work with DMV the next business day after it settles. Not MB but the cycle times are dropping

you forgot is it a bimmer or benz? :ballot_box_with_check:

you haven’t met “kids” my age or younger,(note kids cause they don’t act their age) snapchatting while texting and driving on the highway and listening to terrible music. Welcome to 2019.

Snowy off ramp…:ice_cube::snowflake::snowflake::ice_cube:

6 Likes

IF is the key word. If it has, dealer can’t cancel.

1 Like

I know, I know. Sorry I used “most likely” instead of “if” :grin:
p.s. you conveniently cut my sentence off and took it out of context :smirk:
p.p.s. the thinking here is that he had this issue from day one and the dealer might be sitting on the contract to see where it goes. and they have 10 days to send it, anyway

My last 2 Infiniti’s were electronically signed (on a signature pad) and funded next day. I was impressed. Only had to sign the CA DMV forms in wet ink.

1 Like

I wasn’t intending to be out of context…but you also didn’t say ‘if’ :D.

I, of course, know you know this :slight_smile:

On the flip side, had this been an issue since day 1, they may have tossed that into MB ASAP so they could wash their hands of it and make it MBs problem.

It’s been a week total, so this is what they maybe trying to do now, I guess.

I get my tags and registration on the spot, long before contract is funded.

1 Like

True, techs just hate it because they typically get paid less but that’s life of a tech :upside_down_face:

If it’s only been a week I’d hope they take good care of you.

How do we know it’s funded or not.

Sorry if i am asking basic questions…

As is often the case. For others (I’m sure you know), the title work is the gating issue. Once you car/VIN is titled, it can’t be resold as new. Once the tag & title clerk at the dealer submits the title work to DMV (usually both at the same time) the dealer has no power to unwind the deal. They could buy it back, which is VERY rare. At that point it’s on the lender to resolve, or the manufacturer to step in.

Can you login to MB Financial? If you didn’t get a letter yet, you can try to register with your VIN. If you can, it’s funded.

It could also be funded if you can’t login, but the dealer would have to tell you if the title work was processed yet or not.

Lemon law?

Make sure you’re complaining with corporate as well.

As already suggested, I would take it to a different dealer. It’s a hassle but less so than a lemon law route.

If the issue comes up a 4th time…then I’d be going down the Lemon Law route or accepting that offer of a different car providing the numbers remain exactly the same as the previous deal. (although that wasn’t particularly great)

1 Like

Lemon Law for a check engine light that doesn’t affect drivability? Is that really possible in CA?

2 Likes