Leased a Car and its a faulty one, what are my options?

Maker : MB

Leased a Car and its a faulty one.

They tried to fix the issue, but couldnt,

what are my options?

can i cancel the lease?

please suggest

:man_facepalming: You need to provide way more information than this. What is the problem, how many times have they tried to fix it, etc. Are you referring to lemon law? If so there are many threads on here regarding lemon law especially for CA.

No you cannot ‘cancel’ a lease.

7 Likes

Check Engine light is on 3 of times, they said its fixed 2 times, it came back again 3rd time.

The only way out are:

• Reach the term having made all the payments
  • Lease captive agrees to let you out (typically a manufacturer buyback)

You need to contact a Lemon Lawyer, which won’t cost you anything. Plenty of posts here discussing that topic.

1 Like

Sorry that won’t get you out - you got an Average MB.

Take it to a different dealer. Keep taking it back and documenting the issues.

4 Likes

Okay…that definitely does not fall under lemon law…what did the dealer say? What is the code? Has it been the same each time? etc etc etc.

Black electrical tape applied in a strategic position seems to be your best option. Welcome to German car ownership.

2 Likes

Dealer is saying its just gas tank cap both times, and again it came back on 3rd time, i am assuming service guys just erased the check engine light instead checking the main issue.

and and dealer said they will find me a new car for me

Okay, so take it to a different dealer if you don’t believe that they are ‘checking the main issue’.

FYI dealers have no reason to not pursue a warranty claim which is reimbursed by the manufacturer.

car lease is just one week old… just want to add this

If that’s the case, take them up on their offer and swap cars. Sounds like an easy solution, though not sure how they will pull that off on their side.

4 Likes

Don’t say we did not tell you the A220 is a POS … not worth the price you paid. Try to swap into a c class…

4 Likes

Thanks for All Replies,
Just in case, if dealer agreed to cancel the lease.

what are the things i need to take care ?

For a check engine light, MB can pull the code from the CAr and they will know exactly what it is. If they refuse, you can take it to Autozone and they will read the code …

But it has all the Tech they want.:upside_down_face:

5 Likes

ha ha yeah, it is

If you want Tech, buy a phone or computer. If you want to drive something, buy something with a good engine and drive dynamics … I would prefer a great car with a shitty interface/no carplay over a shitty car with a great carplay interface

4 Likes

But sadly 80% of car buying logic goes like this: Is it an SUV? Does it have CarPlay? Does it have a panoramic roof? :man_facepalming:

8 Likes

Dealer won’t “Cancel” anything. The captive needs to cancel a contract. Dealer is a middleman. Contract is between you and MB Financial.

1 Like

((Deep breath))

If the contract is funded, your car is titled, so the DEALER has no power to do anything but repair the car. If it hasn’t been funded/titled they can still unwind the deal (unlikely).

MB Financial might agree to a collateral exchange, which means they swap an identical vehicle with a different VIN that you keep until term. The dealer can help facilitate this but has no authority to make the call. MB Financial is very unlikely to cancel your lease.

Without a lawyer, and if the deal cant be unwound, you are driving some MB for 35 months and 3 weeks.

1 Like

People have been in a uproar over this car like it was only 10 made or something all the people defending it all they mention is the Tech is so great.

1 Like