Leased a Car and its a faulty one, what are my options?

IANAL but my understanding is: if the light came on, threw an error code, they intervened, and the same exact error recurred, five times or more, then yes. If any one of those errors is different or not documented in the RO, you have to clock the days in service (30+).

OP needs to get detailed repair orders each time: date in/out, mileage in/out, CUSTOMER STATES…, diagnosis, resolution. Every single time.

3 lemons in, when I have an issue, I bring a print out that says CUSTOMER STATES… with every single detail for them to put in the RO. The first Volvo service the advisor asked “did you work in service?”. You don’t want to say “no but my lawyer taught me how to do this…” I just tell then I know how hard probs can be to reproduce so here’s all the detail.

I am always thorough but I always assume it’s one fluke until I have a pattern.

Okay, i dont think its funded yet. any way i am going to dealership in the evening. Lets see

:crossed_fingers:t2::crossed_fingers:t2:

Good luck - let us know how you make out

So, Manager is saying that, they cant cancel the lease, asking me take any other car.

what do you guys think

1 Like

I think I’d pick a C63s then.

6 Likes

you mean c300’s?

Well there aren’t that many options. Either take a new car or waste time with the current one.

1 Like

He means C63 AMG (it was a joke since you said “take any car”)

1 Like

I’ll say that all things being equal stuff like CarPlay and Android Auto can be a dealbreaker. Now if we’re talking a complete crapcan with it vs a really nice to drive car without it, that’s another thing. I had a rental Elantra that had Android Auto that I was actually happy about at first when my Acadia was in the body shop, only Android Auto almost never worked, it smelled like smoke and it was completely forgettable, if not terrible to drive.

So, first he said they will cancel, now they can’t? Did he say it in the email? The deal is still may not be funded and he’s trying to take advantage of you.

@SendB, I’m a California lemon lawyer. Do not agree to anything the dealer or manufacturer offers you until you speak with an attorney. A lemon lawyer should not charge you for a consultation, and can likely get the manufacturer to cover your legal fees if you have a successful claim.

The manufacturer and/or dealer often dangle what might seem like a “good” remedy that is less than what you’re entitled to under the law.

Depending on your issues, you may be entitled to all of your money back (less a usage offset), early termination of your lease, incidental damages, and your attorneys fees.

Feel free to message me an we can discuss your situation in more detail.

1 Like

A manufacturer typically only offers to let you swap if they think you’re entitled to a repurchase. Under lemon law, a qualifying claims allows you to choose to have your car repurchased or replaced. It’s common knowledge among lemon lawyers that the repurchase option is much better, as cash is king and you may be able to negotiate a better deal for the very same car.

1 Like

The service records will really dictate the strength of a potential claim. It always comes down to whether it affects “use, value or safety.” At first glance it may affect none of them, but if the dealer is offering a swap (a collateral exchange), then chances are there is a bigger issue here. Also possible there are many other similar complaints by other owners, and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! Love the depth of expertise we’re adding here.

3 Likes

At least it wasn’t a Versa. An Elantra is a Cadillac in comparison.

4 Likes

I do not know which state you are, but read the lemon law condition in your state, usually after 3 attempt of repair you have to inform manufacture to fix it , and they fail to fix or they ignore it you can go to lemon law process, I did it once in FL , Nissan, after 4th attempt manufacture refuses to process the lemon law and wanted to send another tech from HQ to look at the car which I refused , I did not go to laywer , instead I Open a case with BBB , in Florida we can use BBB AUTO LINE as arbitrator, I send Them All records of repairs and in 2 days manufacture assigned a new rep to y case and she processed the lemon law .

They never said they will cancel

they are always saying that take another car

CLA 250 vs A 220 which one ?

What options are on these? I always had a soft spot for a “fully loaded” CLA

1 Like

Update \

faced same issue 4 times over three months.

now MB Agreed to buy back the car.

2 Likes