Lease opinion 2020 Range Rover Sport HST - Austin, TX

Advice from Austin Texas: Don’t Do It!!

1 Like

You’re can’t use the sale price of a used 2019 model to claim a discount is justified on a new 2020.

Now, I don’t disagree that 6 months in, paying $1700/mo wouldn’t set in as an insane idea

1 Like

If you look through the RR threads here you’ll get a sense of what it is to lease one. You won’t get much discount (3-5%) and in these times I’m not surprised to see 0%. You also won’t get base MF that Edmunds will tell you.

Sure you can get a better lease on a BMW or MB but it’s no RRS if that’s what you’re set on. Overall, if you want to drive one you have to pay to play. Some don’t think it’s worth it; others do and don’t mind shelling out the extra bucks per month. Don’t know if 6wks will make a difference but take a walk and come back to see if they’ll give you a better offer. It’s not like this deal is any good to jump on right away.

RR is a nice truck but for that kind of money I feel like there are better options. AMG trucks, X5M, Porsche Cayenne, etc

Go with the Range Rover. I leased one and miss it terribly. X7, M5, GLS, GLE, Cayenne. They all feel cheap compared to the Range Rover and can not match the commanding seating position. I think your deal is about average as far as Range Rovers go, I paid $2,000 per month on a full size with 5k down, 39 months, U.S. Bank, 127k sticker. It was worth every penny. Your deal sounds perfectly normal for the Range Rover.

1 Like

that Range Rover is used. 14,165 miles

Interesting side bar, I learned recently that the G series MB SUVs are actually built by an Austrian company called Magna Steyr and are the most reliable vehicle they’ve ever produced under the Mercedes Benz badge.

1 Like

That’s why you have to scrutinize some of the discounts posted on here. It’s not always apples to apples comparisons.

Don’t have much to add other than I own a 2016 RRS HST and it is as good as advertised. Amazing vehicle. The smile
You get while driving will outweigh whatever monetary savings you’d get in an X5

2 Likes

WTF did I just read?

1 Like

That reminded me of this. I remember hearing Land Rover ended up buying that one back and used it in a commercial.

The honest opinion of someone who has worked for Land Rover for 2 years.

Velar is a piece of garbage compared to the Sport.

3 Likes

@TheNovice

I leased a black RRS HST ($94.5k MSRP) in December. I also had a 2017 X5 (fairly loaded diesel - $77k MSRP), so I can give some advise.

The Range Rover Sport is sooooo much better than the X5. The fit and finish of the Range Rover is way nicer. My only complaint is that I can’t use the voice control to find places in the GPS system.

As others have said, BMW is become a mass market vehicle, so they discount heavily. Range Rover just doesn’t produce any where near as many vehicles. So, it’s a pay to play product and you should know that going in.

All this being said, I think you can do better than the quote that you have. I’d highly recommend that you take @ethanrs up on his offer to broker. He was immensely helpful to me when I was doing my deal. His help to me was free, as he was working on his full time position and it was mostly answering questions.

I’m sure he can get you a MUCH better deal than you would be able to get yourself and whatever his broker fee is, it will be totally worth it.

Get the HST - you will love it. Use @ethanrs and make the acquisition easy on yourself.

Good luck! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

2 Likes

Agreed. The guy can make 1800 bucks a month and live in a ditch for all I care.

1 Like

You must be new here. Check out the worst lease topic. I’m pretty sure I saw a 4 series for like 1500 bucks a month.

1 Like

Looool I posted that. 440i for only $1,400 a month.

F U L L Y L O A D E D

2 Likes

Yeah it’s coming back to me :joy:

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Aaaand what’s so funny about that statement?

They’re special cars for special buyers.