Just Leased a 2019 BMW M550

No, I only paid first month’s payment, license fee, doc fee and bank fee (2k).

The rest of the “down payment” was the incentives from BMW (loyalty, OL code, lease rebate) (6.5K)

1 Like

Not sure about base M5, but M5C discounts top out around 11-12% in the northeast as of about a month ago. I ended up finding a bit of a unicorn at 17.4% off (before $2500 incentive) from a small dealer in northwest PA (5.5 hrs drive one way for me). The next best was 14% and then 12%. A few at 11%. The high discounts were all on cars aging in inventory.

Things might be different now that 2020s are landing on their lots. There’s a lot of 2019 inventory still - I wouldn’t be surprised if BMW ups the incentives for Sept or Oct.

Sweet discount but the residual is pretty poor at 55% last I looked.

Yup, 36/10 is 55% :frowning_face:

14% off M5? Was it on comp or base?
Do you mind sharing a dealer info please?
Thanks

Beautiful car!

I’d love to get one of those when my C43 AMG comes off lease next year, but deals like this seem impossible in my area (Utah) and I’m guessing the 2020 m550’s are going to get pricier.

reallly sweet car… enjoy it, yes gonna have a difficult time replicating that here in the northeast.

Black is definitely the color to get with this bad ass car! Enjoy it!

Now’s the perfect time to try and find a deal like that. 14%+ (before incentives) will be tough and likely will require contacting out of state (ie a whole bunch of) dealers. But it’s possible.

This works better on high(er) MSRP cars that have been collecting dust on the lot for 6+ months.

Any precedent on this site for 14% off (pre incentive) of an M550?

Not sure about 550. But there aren’t many 19s left, which would be where one would try that type of deal. 20s aren’t going to see that type of discount for a while.

But, if you find a remaining 19 on the lot (particularly a high sticker one) that suits your taste, certainly worth a shot.

Plenty of 19 M5s still though, hence my comment about good timing to hack those.

Thanks for the thoughtful response. That was my thought, there has not been anyone on here documenting anything of the sort…14% on 550 seems highly unlikely. Here’s to hoping someone pulls it off. Cheers.

No problem.

Worth mentioning that 550 residual is pretty strong (unlike M5), and Sept MF is down to .00128. 550 will have (depending on region) $5250 in incentives ($3250 lease credit, $2000 loyalty). So putting all that together, might not need a unicorn’ish discount to have a good overall deal. Bigger problem is lack of inventory.

I see.
I can certainly try but most I was able to get was 11%.
Any tip on negotiating?
Pm’d you

Be firm but likable.

I’ll face it

Same, tag team? :rofl:

Coming back to this, 2019 M5C residuals went up 5% this month (36/10 is 60% now).

2 Likes

Wow too bad msrp is so damn high. I’d love to get a m5 under 1k. I’m hoping freaking m3 can be had for 800 w 75k sticker highly doubt it tho

With max MSDs and at this residual + low MF, you might be able to get close, depending on sticker + discount. There’s tons of inventory still left.

Oh and base M5 appears to be same residual, so given its lower sticker, it’s even more possible.