JLR PIN code discount vs dealer savings - Land Rover lease

Hi all,

I’m looking to lease a new Range Rover Velar and have a PIN code from an external source which gives a 10% discount on MSRP. The car I’m looking at currently has a dealer reduction of about 5% off MSRP as it’s a 2019 model and the 2020 models are now in stock.

The dealer is saying they will honour the 10% I brought in the door with me, but not in addition to the discount they are already offering, i.e. it’s one or the other.

I understand that the PIN code discount from JLR will be reimbursed to the dealer in full - is that correct?? If so, it seems that by effectively putting the price back up to the MSRP befgore they apply my discount, they are increasing their profits at my expense. Am I understanding that’s correctly? Is it too much to expect them to combine the discounts??

Many thanks for any advice from the experts out there!

Hutch

While I don’t know the specifics of Jaguar policy, with some manufacturers (such as volvo a-plan), the dealer is not allowed to further discount the vehicle below the specified rate. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the same story.

1 Like

I bet @Bostoncarconcierge can give some insight even though some complete imbecile ruined JLR pin codes for him. Still feel
sorry for you about how that went down Mike.

3 Likes

Thank you for the kind words! Really appreciate that.

I inquired about this 10% Notice w a great contact of mine and he said he would never accept it. The one he was presented with didn’t have a formal PIN on it.

He also let me know the dealership never got reimbursed for the original $1000 PINS from USEF.

So overall, I think it’s dealer discretion, and I don’t see any dealer taking 10% off a new RR.

My hope is that I’m proven to be wrong here. I’m only speaking from one conversation.

@ethanrs any experiences with this sir?

1 Like

Many thanks for the info. The 10% offer is legitimate as far as I know, and comes from JLR via a third party (the parent company of the gym where I’m a member). I have a personal PIN and the dealer is happy to honor it. It sounds like that’s the best I’ll get in terms of savings on MSRP then - I’ll havre to see what they offer on the lease terms. Fingers crossed I’ll get my first ever new car lease!

Actually had someone bring one in the other night. I’d never seen it before then. They came in on a Fuji White / Pimento Sport SC in stock. They asked for 10% plus discount and we laughed them out the door.

If someone wants to use it on stale merchandise its fine, but it’s at the dealers discretion.

The program is similar to an employee pin, we can net the car out, take a $500 retailer commission, and a replacement allocation for an identical car.

4 Likes

We got reimbursed for ours. It was probably due to the fact that most retailers didn’t read the full bulletin on the spring sales ($2,000 incentive) that said they were not stackable. I know a bunch of people on here got both.

4 Likes

So it sounds like the manufacturer doesn’t reimburse the dealer for the full 10% discount. Otherwise, I could see dealers stacking it on top of their own sales price discounts.

I just received this offer. The JLR car showcase at the San Francisco auto show were giving out the 10% off MSRP discounts.

Has anyone applied the 10% discount on top of other lease incentives and rebates?

The dealership only gets $500.

And that’s before pack and they pay a salesperson so it ends up being a net loss without reserve or products sold.

I believe certain 10% pins are compatible with loyalty although I’m not 100% sure as I’ve only glanced at the program before we booted the people trying to use it on our first 2020 Black Pack RRS HSE Dynamic.

Ah, that’s interesting. Sounds like a terribly engineered sales tool from corporate.

What is pack?

Is there any scenario where applying it would be win/win for both the dealer and the customer? For example, a sale at the other end of the price spectrum on a loaner 2019 E-Pace?

My goal is to negotiate fairly with the right expectations.

If JLR corporate is giving out 10% discounts at a car show, it makes me believe that a 10% discount is totally reasonable starting point (or ending point) for negotiation on a JLR vehicle.

Also, on a related note, has anyone used an MB control number to buy or lease?

I got one at the OC autoshow. I think the key is finding a dealership that will accept it. But I imagine a quick call to JLR would find a dealer real quick lol:

1 Like

Dealers dont have to honor this if they choose not to

1 Like

Between the “laughed the customer” out and “booted the people” trying to use it…those are the exact type interactions that leashackr was founded on. @Bostoncarconcierge lets get going on your idea.

5 Likes

Good luck, sounds pretty interesting

I called two dealers in my area (Boston) and both said they would honor the PIN. Doesn’t hurt to call a dealer and just ask. 10% off a RR Sport quoted me around $950 a month on a 85k MSRP lease.

I wonder if it stacks with incentives? The disclaimer there says on ordered vehicles, but would it work on vehicles on dealer lots (ex. 10% off plus $5900 on an F-pace)?

Good question. What is the $5900 discount on F-Paces? Are those leasing well? Looking to lease an SUV this month.

You’d have to run the numbers. The 2019’s have lower residuals (~43%-52%), low Mf (~0.00001) and a good amount of lease cash. I think it should be possible to snag a 1% deal on the right model/trim.

No matter how hard people try, that is still not a good metric for if a lease is a good deal or not.

1 Like