JLR PIN code discount vs dealer savings - Land Rover lease

That’s why I didn’t say a “good deal” specifically, I just plugged in a quick example into the calculator (10% off with the corresponding lease cash) and it came out to ~1%.

Pin codes vary by model and timing. I got an employee pin and paid 450 for 12k/year on my $70k msrp f-type. I went back recently looking for deals with an employee pin code and they were barely beating the advertised offers. I admittedly don’t understand/know behind the scene details, but can only conclude that sometimes it works out great, others no better than you could probably do on your own.

That was an employee PIN deal. Different than these 10% off codes.

1 Like

We politely rejected a PIN on prime merchandise.

I’m pretty well known here for being transparent and contributing to the community. Go be butt hurt somewhere else.

1 Like

Depends on your local market. I know most dealers in SoCal reject them on prime merchandise, but dealers back east may very well take it on anything.

All at the dealers discretion.

Pack varies from dealer to dealer but the general concept is it is a specific monetary amount pulled from every deal. Consider it “house money”.

At my old dealership it was $750 / car and didn’t include pics and detail. Those were separately charged against the car.

So basically $1,000 of gross gone from every car before a salesperson starts to negotiate with a client. Even at full sticker on a RRS HSE I was only making 1,000 per car when the dealership was making more than $10,000 after reserve and BDI. Not exactly fair in my opinion but there’s a reason I don’t work for a large dealer group anymore. They are generally toxic and treat sales staff like garbage.

Not butt hurt at all my friend…your comments where off putting, I’m guessing for potential clients as well. You sell a depreciating asset and as fellow salesman no customer request is to silly…especially when that’s how you make money.

2 Likes

To be brutally honest I don’t care if you or “potential clients” find my comments “off putting”. I’m a used car manager not a salesperson. I don’t prospect for business on this forum nor do I represent a dealership on here. I do this out of personal enjoyment and to share my hobby and knowledge with others. And for the record (didn’t think this would need explaining) I never “booted” the client, I politely declined the PIN on that specific car because it didn’t make business sense, however I said I would be happy to take it on any 2019. They declined and left.

2 Likes

Yikes…job titles aside do your actions at the dealership for which you are employed lead to a vehicle leaving the lot for a respective amount of money? If the answer is yes, then you are selling something, be it the actual sale of the vehicle or your witty charm…you are involved in the sales process. That being said you have further solidified my earlier statement, in that leasehackr was founded upon interactions with individuals much like yourself.

1 Like

Anyone know if the Chase Private Client offers are PIN related or stackable?

Lol ok bud.

And the answer is no, I have no face to face interaction with customers. I source and manage used cars / used car sales staff. That’s it. And no, I’d argue this forum was made to inform consumers about the opportunities available through leasing programs. Contrary to popular belief, this forum isn’t a “screw the dealers” forum. I’ve sold countless cars on this forum when I was in sales and continue to help inform people about the ins and outs of Jaguar Land Rover. Just helped one hacker save $3,200 before he signed a deal on a Sport SVR. Again, I do this out of enjoyment and don’t care about your opinion or how butt hurt you are that I used the phrase “booted”. It was a simple way of saying we would not accept it. Now stop being dramatic and move on.

Electric, what offers does chase have? I didn’t know Chase PCS had pins. Should check with my banker but appreciate any insight

Does anyone know how to get the Chase Private Client Pin? I tried asking my banker and they have no idea :frowning: