Jeep Wagoneer - not selling so good?

Was just doing some research and I noticed that the Jeep Wagoneer has a $3,000 rebate plus many online prices have it listed at 6-8% off sticker price before the incentive.

For such a new vehicle, and considering market conditions, is it really doing that bad? How else can you explain the rebates and dealer discounts on this new model?

Here’s an example:

https://www.hemetchryslerdodgejeep.com/new/Jeep/2022-Jeep-Wagoneer-hemet-ca-e6b22f7f0a0e09b10e985b01210d041f.htm

1 Like

Its not doing well, a lot of them are sitting on the lot

Hemet is an infamous dealer known for advertising fake loss leader deals. Those deals aren’t achievable without huge stipulations/aftermarkets

1 Like

Why do you think that is? Have they had issues with the vehicle? Or is it just that the bang isn’t worth the buck?

Hemet as a lot of bs add ons

Blessings

4 Likes

I personally think it’s overpriced for what it is. To me it seems they are trying to compete with the Escalades and Navigators of the world. Most consumers would prefer having the luxury badge for the same (or less) price tag.

The entry level models seems to be priced higher than the proven Tahoes, Yukons, Expeditions.

It would be hard for me to justify paying ~$90-100,000 for an FCA product.

4 Likes

Hemet has max blessings on their “deals”

I know the desk manager there and the first thing he said is “you know the ad prices aren’t real right?”

6 Likes

Its too expensive and it doesn’t lease well (yet)

In that class everyone knows and loves the Tahoe, Expedition, etc. It doesn’t have the same recognition

5 Likes

Its not doing too hot. Its as though the C-suite members forgot to or rather ignore their customer experience data.

But hey, Jeep has a 100k competitor to Escalades…

2 Likes

I’m surprised they keeping the lights on

Hope you doing well
I’m on my 2nd Willy’s my wife loved the first one we got from you

1 Like

I grew up in Hemet.

They keep the lights on because Hemet is a ghetto - most houses are really cheap there. People choose to be house poor and spend extravagant money on their cars (buy a Dodge Charger at 20% APR, throw some rims on it). Pedder’s son played football with my older brother, they’re absolutely loaded from their business model.

2 Likes

Subprime is a great way to make money…

I am somewhat surprised they would admit to false advertising.

Years ago I tried to buy an “ad car” from a Toyota dealer in the South Bay. They initially refused to sell at the ad price, so I called the LA Times and complained about the false advertising. They put me in touch with a manager at the dealer, who agreed to honor the ad price. When I showed up to buy the car, the salesman initially told me the price was only good if I took their high interest rate financing. After pointing out that the ad did not mention that, they relented, and sold me the car at the ad price.

4 Likes

I’m sure they would honor the ad price but take into consideration that it probably includes several rebates that most don’t qualify for and it doesn’t include some kind of protection package for $2-3k. That’s why I said 6-8% off sticker rather than their advertised price of over 11% off sticker.

1 Like

Jeep dealers have always done bait pricing on their websites, they don’t care if customers get mad or leave 1 star reviews online.

Never assume a dealer will honor a price that is on their website

Wow thats a rare win on the ad price through Southbay Toyota, they took the hit just to avoid the bad press

Im Moving to hemet !

1 Like

California is probably one of the most friendly consumer states. It’s not the 1-star rating they’d have to worry about, it’s the investigation by the Attorney Generals office for deceptive practices and violations of state law.

2 Likes

Saw a Grand Wagoneer on my commute home last night and can confirm it is uglier in person, not withstanding the price tag

2 Likes

I have seen a couple on the road up here in the northeast (MA). My wife test drove the Wagoneer last month, when she took in her Pacifica for service. One of the sales guys mentioned to her they had recently sold a $100k Grand Wagoneer.

I just checked that dealer’s inventory and it shows they have 4 in stock. The average dealer discount is about $2k.

the GC/L has been the golden goose for jeep. I’m seeing alot of those everywhere, and taking in some conquest buyers.

The saving grace of the GW/W has been its running on the RAM platform (shared dev costs).

It just feels like the GCL and the Durango are too similar in size to the Wagoneer. CJDR is competing against itself and the price tag of the Wagoneer is sinking it. Or at least that’s the impression I get.