Jaguar XF 35t MSRP: $53,873 deal JUDGE ME!

7500 miles though. Still a good deal!

I’m turning in a 535d with 17K miles and an RX350 with 13K miles. I’m tired of paying for miles I don’t use!

Lucky you- mean’s you don’t have to commute 30-40miles a day for work. #winning

5 miles each way for me. Less than 1 for my wife. Certainly won’t complain about that.

Unless he takes public transit. I drive 9 minutes to a park and ride and take a bus or train to work in NYC. So miles may not be a whole indicator. I drive less than 5 k miles a year if my wife didn’t take my car on Saturdays and errands on Sundays and at night. When I look to lease a car for myself next December, I’m going to be looking for 7500 miles or less as long as I stay at my current job.

1 Like

Nope, I was talking about AWD T6. Granted, the guy below did not close yet, but there was someone who did in md-$400, I think.

Right. $390/mo vs $439/mo. That is $50/mo more… If you could do an S90 at $390/mo, it would most certainly be a base FWD T5.

Again - you got a great deal. But I was comparing a $60k Volvo to a $54k Jag and both have comparable payments of .72-.73% of MSRP. Plus Volvo is AWD 316HP vs RWD 340HP Jag.

Sure, I’ll agree with that. If you were to compare just %'s to %'s, and actual monthly payments weren’t a factor, I would probably have chosen a .73% $60k AWD Volvo over a .72% $54k RWD Jaguar. But that extra $50/mo pays for my kids diapers, and I still get to drive a Jag. :slight_smile:

Absolutely. When you talk about $$ payments then $50/mo is a lot. And if your budget is under $400, then your deal is a no brainer. But I was making a point for @vhooloo’s post in a Volvo thread where he wasn’t as excited even though the deals are similar in terms of % of MSRP. :slight_smile:

Nice deal, sorry about my 340i! I’d definitely be looking at the Jags too if I were in the market.

Are you guys brothers? You sure do argue like you are… :grin:

Your $338/mo on a $57k BMW might be the deal of a lifetime… Whoever got that, scored big.

We hate each other :smiling_imp:

1 Like

You guys love me though right ?! Lol, we should do a meet up or something forreal forreal . Everyone pull up in their favorite whip.

Are we not dancing around the obvious here? While certainly a matter a personal preference, Volvo is simply not commonly regarded as a brand that is on par in name recognition/prestige/whatever you want to call it with Jaguar, BMW, MB, Audi. That might be unfair given quality, features, pricing, etc. etc…but it is the reality. I think it’s fair to say the majority would take a similarly optioned Jaguar>Volvo numbers being equal. Same discussion that has been had on here regarding Genesis G80/G90 versus Mercedes. For most, Genesis and Volvo are going to need to come in under in pricing to compete with other luxury brands - brands that elicit a more widespread perception of luxury amongst the masses.

1 Like

I was having a go at @vhooloo and not at Jag, and especially not at this deal. Just used this deal to show vhooloo’s hypocrisy :slight_smile:
I said that I’d take S90 over Jag - my personal preference, just love the design of S90.

Please. Volvo has been around much longer and already has a reputation and name recognition. But it really baffles me why Acura, Infiniti and Lexus are luxury cars while Volvo is not.

I think the new redesign is changing a lot of that. The xc90 oozes luxury, I’ve seen enough of them driven by affluent wasps to confirm that.

Volvo has always had unique designs, even old boxes - love them or hate them. I actually liked 740 &440, and pretty much everything after that. Affluent folks and officials in Europe have driven them (or have been driven in them) for decades.

I would say Volvo was branded as the “safety” brand before and has only recently shifted into trying to be a luxury brand. For us, at least speaking about myself , I’ve always considered luxury to only truly be Audi, Mercedes, and BMW. This is partly due to media, movies, shows, and other sources that portray to us what an luxury vehicle means. And because German cars are awesome :slight_smile: .Anyways, I’m now starting to see Volvo in the same realm. It will take time, but, year after year they will be more known as an luxury brand if they stay on this path.

1 Like