Is Infiniti back? 2022 QX60

Depends on the value for me. If or when this is priced like a Highlander or Pilot like last time, I’ll look into it.

Besides nothing short of a brand new S-class or maybe even Bentley interior is going to impress the Internet. Even the guy in a 1998 Daewoo is like

3 Likes

Wow no one noticed that odd looking super shiny exhaust covering or whatever that is where exhaust pipes should be ? Yikes. I can except everything on that car but not those lol, hope they don’t do that to the actual production model :confused:

They could’ve rolled out anything and it would’ve been seen as an improvement over the current gen.

I’m actually really feeling the exterior styling too - good description, “Aviator” look.

I was so sad when Lexus 4RX copied the floating roof design from Nissan. I love how Infiniti did this this time. Hopefully RX will copy it and I won’t have any gripes with RX(even the front grille)

Given that the German manufacturers have been doing this for years I would pretty much guarantee that fake exhaust holes are a design feature we’re just going to have to put up with for a while. Just like ridiculously oversized grilles.

Those we my comparisons also and QX60 was cheaper by a mile. My lease ends in March 2022 and I think of trying to extend it for another 6 months if I can to survive the price crunch.
Because at 310 that I pay now for it - I have not seen anything else close nor do I expect to see anything for another year.

I am in the same boat. Do you have any info on how long Infiniti will allow to extend the lease after 39 months? I will also consider 22 model for $300 or under.

QX60 actually feels like a boat and is very comfortable for a family ride. The secret is to put it on a sport mode permanently as any other mode is unbearable and dangerous. 18-22 MPG is the only issue with this solution… our brakes are also a bit too soft at ~20k miles.

Damn, that Kate Hudson ad is pure cringe; looks like every Infiniti executive demanded (and was given) a pointless cameo via awkward phone call/video chat. And they got Zack Snyder to direct? The millions they must have pissed away for tens of thousands of views is astounding.

Aside from the dreadful touch panel, I don’t think the interior is bad for this class of car; it’s the incredibly generic, Nissan-spec exterior that kills it for me. Minus the grille, it could easily be a Mitsubishi or a Kia.

1 Like

I don’t think Mitsu makes anything remotely attractive or halfway modern-looking (exterior wise, at least).

I think Kia makes some pretty attractive cars nowadays…

It’s not a Versa, so its got that going for it

I’m not certain but I think you can extend up to 6 months. What I’m not sure of are the circumstances that would allow that. If that can be done without having to place an order for a new Infinity is one thing.

Ours is at 27k mile and we already had to change rear pads and full set of tires (10% thread left)

Reports on the forum say they allow extensions close to maturity. I’m not sure if they always ask for a reason but saying you’re waiting for the new 2022s to arrive is an obvious one.

1 Like

Right, I’ve seen those reports and the have been YMMV type of thing.

My lease ends in March 2022 - so using “waiting for 2022 MY” may not fly.

actually, based on how nissan/infiniti production has been going, it’ll fly very well

2 Likes

Good to know! Thanks!

How long you guys think you need to realistically wait before Qx60 numbers becomes “leasable”? December or the whole year? Local dealer says arrivals are delayed and most likely will be in October. Wondering if I should just extend the lease until Dec. IFS says extension can happen close to the lease expiry and asked me to contact 1.5-2 months before the lease expiry.

When Infiniti extends a lease, do they lock you to that period? When I had to extend the lease with Acura, they basically put you on a month to month up to 12 months, so there is really no downside to picking a longer period as I could get out of it at any time. But if Infiniti will lock you to the full extension that’s different.

You will have to lock in e.g. 2 mo or 3 mo whatever they grant you at their discretion based upon your reasoning. You do get 10 extra days to return your vehicle after the lease expiry.

The interior is a few leagues better than anything they’ve produced to date. The exterior isn’t groundbreaking. Will have to see how it nets out, but no the ZF 9-speed is very good - if you had bad experience with it, it’s the software your OEM laid on top of it, not the bones themselves

Leasable as in anything? Once they hit the ground.

Leasable as in a good deal?..LOL