Initial Offer on Maxima Midnight Edition. Can I get lower?

Didn’t really give me a full breakdown of the $35,034 cap cost or the $1,842 inception fees (currently waiting for these). How much lower do you think I can get this? Thanks

Are you stuck on a Maxima? Infiniti appears to have better deals on the Q50 … similar enough car and less expensive.

Definitely prefer the Maxima Midnight, but if I can’t get it under $400 then I might have to look at the Q50

To be honest, for a $35K MSRP the Maxima isn’t really that competitive.

1 Like

Q50 is RWD! MM appears to be FWD?

Dealer service fee of $799? What is that? That’s 22 in payment right there.

FWD + a CVT. Definitely not a “driver’s car”.

So I got this offer on the Midnight Edition yesterday…I told another dealership I was working with that I got this offer, and they asked for the VIN number. Should I give it to them or just send them this offer sheet?

None of the offers are really that great.
It has cash down for each of them, making every one technically over $400 a month.
Nice discounts, but a sedan should be leasing out much better, or if nothing else, under 1% of MSRP.

Have them provide the MF and RV they are using.

They’re using 51% and .00003. It’s technically no cash down as the $1374 is the $799 doc fee and $575 acquisition fee. If that’s the case, shouldn’t the $799 doc fee that they’re adding to the cap cost be removed?

Yeah, if they are claiming the “cash down” is just the fees out of pocket, then they shouldnt be a line item.
(well, technically they have to be, but they need to write the deal clearer)
Typically first months is included in total out of pocket as well (while it could be rolled in, often thats just for sign & drives), so where is that?
Its confusing and not exactly clear how they wrote it.

So they are saying then the $2374 and $3374 options would be with an additional 1k or 2k used towards an actual down payment. So thats no bueno.

I asked what the total out of pocket amount would be when I pick up the car. They said just the $1374 so I’m guessing first month’s is rolled into the lease. In regards to the other dealer who asked for the VIN, does it hurt me in any way giving him that info?

No.
He may just want to make sure its optioned out the same way and both are midnight packages.

I played one VIN across a few dealers a few years back and that worked out in my favor.
Granted the car was at a port and not on a dealership lot, not sure if that mattered.

Got this offer today. Showed it to a couple other dealers and they wouldn’t even consider it. Just want to get that doc fee down. Will also pay that and the DMV fees up front to lower the monthly payment a little.

Did you accept? I’ve been looking for an SR for a while.

I have one local dealer who said he would beat it by $500 if it was true. Sent him the offer sheet and just waiting to hear back. If he can’t match or beat it I will be accepting the above offer today (hopefully with a reduced doc fee).

Doc fees never get reduced or withdrawn. Your only chance of lowering your overall cost is to reduce the selling price (assuming MF is buyrate already).

So did you do it? Thoughts so far?

Yup, signed for $365 absolutely nothing down except first month. Love the car so far. Very smooth ride and very very luxurious interior

Wow. Only $365 down? Seems like a great deal. And it’s a 2017 not a 2016 correct?