Infiniti QX60 Lease

Isn’t there risk of not getting your security deposits back?

That and the fact that when I asked about them the dude at the dealership looked at me like I was nuts and basically said no we don’t really do those on the QX60’s.

Because this guy or this dealerships don’t know how to do MSD. maybe visit another dealer?

If you listened to those people at the dealership, you’d be paying nearly $700/month for the QX60.

Doing MSDs is a no brainer, especially for Infiniti’s.

2 Likes

the number still don’t add up.

[Deleted] Yes, $499 make sense. I made a mistake using lease calc. It assume you pay the tax up front.

Your drive-offs don’t match. Also, why is there no doc fee and acq fee isn’t $300.

I don’t even know at this point! :rage:

I was questioning @eelnoraa’s calculation.

With your latest quote, I think you can still get a lower selling price. I think VPP is worth $1500, so that means the dealer is really only discounting $6775 (12.7% off MSRP).

Great Point! They clearly grouped them together but when I do the math after subtracting the $1500 vpp discount, it looks like they decreased my overall msrp discount from the originally offer which didn’t include vpp.

Doc fee and Acq fee, I just use Op1 number. Whatever isn’t there, I didn’t include. But I did make a mistake understanding the Lease Calculator options. It assume tax is paid up from to get. If tax is rolled in, then $499 makes sense. Here is a cut and paste from my own excel table. Yes Acq fee is missing, maybe $600-$900 depending on the dealer?

MSRP $53,160
Residual Percentage 58%
Residual Value $30,833 (MSRP x RV)

Selling Price $44,885 (From Dealer)
Trade In $23,000
Cost of QX60 after trade in $21,885 (Selling Price - trade in)
Fee (whatever this meas) $300
Taxiable Amount $22,185 (Cost + fee above)
Tax Rate 6%
Tax $1,331
DMV Fee $1,061
Cost for the QX60 Acq after trade in $24,577

What you own in your trace in $23,100

QX60 Acquisition Cost by IFS $47,677
Down Payment $499

Depreciation $16,345
Depreciation Per Month $419

Money Factor 0.00085
Equivalent APR 2.04% (MF x 2400)
Interest Paid per year $962 ( (Cap cost - down payment) x APR )
Interest Paid Per Month $80
Monthly Payment $499

Holy crap! I gagged a little bit when I saw that LOL. I don’t know if you’ll quite get 400 because of the negative equity, but you should be in the 4s.

Hahahaha right?! :joy::rofl:

Yea I have two dealers agreeing to meet me at breakeven on the trade-in…

That said when I mentioned MSD’s, one sales guy said “I’m not even sure what that is” and the other looked at me like I was crazy…

Is this a conversation to have with the finance manager?!

Yes, save MSDs for finance manager. Other people may not know.

That also means the sale person hasn’t done too many lease. You may want to ask the sale person to confirm with finance manager first. You don’t to to find out they don’t support MSD at the finance office.

2 Likes

What was said above. Have them confirm prior to going to the dealer.

I’ve never had a problem getting my MSDs back. Plus you can earn credit card points by charging it. Insist on having their finance guy run the numbers with it. If they don’t there surely are other dealers nearby who would.

I was told I had to use debit card for MSDs by my dealer. No CC.

I think it varies by dealer. When I leased my Volvo, they would only allow 2k on a card, the rest had to be by check.

This varies by dealer. I just put $4k in MSDs on credit card.

You should be having these conversations over email with internet sales managers or general sales managers.

The average sales person knows jack about lease calculations, let alone hacker tricks like MSD.

Don’t walk in anywhere until you have a deal negotiated. ESP since you know they’ll give you at least the payoff for your trade, if not more.

Create a burner email that just says T. Melhorn or something to that effect. Don’t identify yourself as a woman while negotiating

3 Likes

Thank you! Appreciate this.