If you had to get a car today…

SwapALease…

So today I bought a 2021 Rav4 Prime XSE. Paid MSRP with no add ons. I have a lease which will be up in May, so let’s see where this leasing market goes! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice. Seems like a Rav4 prime at msrp is a great deal these days.

2 Likes

how the hell did you manage that one?!?!

Not just crossovers, I’ve had brakes replaced on my S60 and V60cc. Both had under 10k and warped rotors. Fresh brakes on Volvos dime is a plus for me.

1 Like

Order a 4XE, enjoy your equity. Wait for all this to blow over.

RAV4 Prime at MSRP is a unicorn these days. How did you pull that off?

3 Likes

Hi, all. I got lucky thanks to a tip from a fellow hackr. Walked into a dealer that wasn’t charging over MSRP, paid $500 to add my name to a waiting list (dealer said was 200 people deep) and three weeks later I got a call that one was on a ship and available if I wanted it. It wasn’t my first choice in color, but it was a close second.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

9 Likes

I been looking at getting the Kia Sorento build below and the dealers have been just greedy pirates about pricing, most want 5k MSRP above msrp and won’t let you order one and a few dealers have been asking 10k over MSRP… Just wow lets light everything on fire, I will say no wait I have a 5k markup on my trade in to balance your BS… Let me know order one from…
2022 Sorento X-Line SX Prestige AWD
X-Line SX Prestige AWD Trim
$43,190
Glacial White Pearl
$445

Black 3D Embossed Genuine Leather
$0
Mud Guards
$115
Cargo Cover
$190
Auto Dimming Mirror w/Homelink (Plug-N-Play)
$350
Tow Hitch PnP (Turbo Only)
$475

2 Likes

Greedy Merchants! Not pirates…lol. Also they don’t have enough cars to churn a profit so they have to sell for more than MSRP. Didn’t say it’s right, but it’s today.

1 Like

I have a dealer in Colorado that will let you order at msrp if you want their contact info. We ordered a Telluride from them and had the vehicle in two months for msrp.

1 Like

The dealer I bought a Telluride from briefly had a Sorento allocation available and they sell their cars at sticker.

It was a loaded PHEV (around $50k) so after the federal tax credit it’s around the same price as your build.

Ive got a dealer doing sticker on a hyundai palisade sel with premium and convenience pkg. 45k

2 Likes

Traded in my Rav4 Prime 12k miles for a little over what I paid for it a year ago and got into a 22 Civic hatchback. Hopefully the civic depreciates less while waiting for this insanity to drop.

1 Like

When new cars stop selling for markup, so will used.

1 Like

Was looking to get a used 19 Civic initially, guess what they are selling for the same price as a 22 civic MSRP. lol

2 Likes

19 will fall harder than the 22 so you made the best choice in your situation.

Cheaper to lease the higher priced equivalent phev.

Found a rav4 prime se for $250 under sticker, 10-12 week wait and $500 refundable deposit, wondering if I should lock it in :thinking:

2 Likes

Is there any doubt???