I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

So it’s come to this, fellow hackrs…

You’re looking at a Nissan: Not just any Nissan, but a stripped down Frontier. Perhaps your local, friendly Nissan store doesn’t have the S 4WD Crew Cab that’s sporting a downright silly residual of 99%…Not to fret! You have options…

Barring any market adjustments, rate markup or dealer adds, we have taken the liberty of perusing the programs on these trucks (Specifically 18 month programs using NMAC) and doing a ranking from 1-6 (2WD/4WD columns) based on Residual/Money Factor – YMMV on what it’s worth to you individually.

Happy Hacking!

Trim Starting At
Frontier S Crew Cab $257/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier S King Cab $293/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV Crew Cab $366/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier Pro-X Crew Cab $387/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV King Cab $401/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV Crew Cab (Long Bed) $441/mo+Doc & TTL

Trim Starting At
Frontier S Crew Cab $208/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier S King Cab $287/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier Pro-X Crew Cab $334/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV Crew Cab $338/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV King Cab $382/mo+Doc & TTL
Frontier SV Crew Cab (Long Bed) $415/mo+Doc & TTL
32 Likes

Less room never cost so much

edit: ProX in the running’s (cool)

2 Likes

I found out watching Daddy Doug’s Frontier video that Nissan actually makes A ProX 2WD Frontier in addition to the Pro4X. Is anyone actually going to buy a 2WD Off Road truck?

2 Likes

Thanks for working up the calculators.

Here’s the front page article for anyone looking for a more detailed breakdown.

5 Likes

It’s Nissan.

2 Likes

Nissan must think there’s enough of a market for Pro/Sport trim buyers who will never actually take these trucks off road and just want the look.

2 Likes

Toyota makes a TRD Off-Road 2WD, so I think the Pro-4X 2WD is aimed at that.

4 Likes

That’s understandable, but you’re putting Bilsteins on these things? It just seems like a giant waste of time and money.

I suppose there’s a niche for people who want to have a mall crawler on a budget but I would think that anyone would get laughed off of any real trail. How do they even work anyway? Do you get 2LO? Can you lock the rear diff?

Hey! My 4xe HA is nervously fidgeting and blushing right now!

3 Likes

2 door Wrangler is close, almost 10% lower than the 4 door.

You’ve got solid axles, 4WD and low range! By no means do I think everyone needs a Rubicon or some crazy build. I do think that anyone buying an “Off Road” 2WD truck is probably setting themselves up for a bad time if they actually plan to off road it.

Volvo still puts Ohlin dampers on their ‘Polestar’ editions and I doubt any of those owners adjust them or even know the difference. It just sounds cool :sunglasses:

The Panda feels better now. Thank you.

2 Likes

Kinda like the optional “Fender” audio system Nissan is offering on these things? As if Fender has any pedigree whatsoever in car audio that would be worth paying a premium for?

3 Likes

It’s a wannabe prerunner

1 Like

Yea, a lot of the old school desert runner Baja style trucks were RWD with an off-road setup.

3 Likes

Could be the prime candidate for a hack depending on stock levels.

1 Like

Heck, there’s plenty of off-road capable trucks that never see dirt. The majority of Raptors for example, probably never leave the mall parking lots.

1 Like

Tried a local dealer yesterday just for fun and the best they would do for an 18/10 was $2500 down and $99 a month. I really don’t want or need one of these trucks, so why is it so tempting?

5 Likes

Effective $237/mo…not bad :ok_hand:

2 Likes