Nissan Frontier PRO X Crew Cab 4x2 V6 Automatic

I test drive a Nissan Frontier Pro X 4x2 Crew Cab V6 which come with mud flaps, off road steel rails, Blind Spot warnings, remote engine start, etc.
MSRP $34,370, and with those fancy features plus destination charges ($1225), the total become $38,410.

$4K down; 18mo lease/10K, Residual: 90%, MF 0.00227, the monthly is $363.31/mo tax included (zip 94804). I think my effective become $585/mo.

Attached is the sheet from dealer. I think it is a bit too much “renting it” for almost $600 per month.
Is there a way to make this deal better? Their residual WAS 86% with monthly $390.

Looks like $3,061 down, not $4,000. $4,000 is the DAS.

$1k markup on MSRP.

Is that MF at buy rate?

Looks like Ike you’re in CA. Does that monthly payment include sales tax?

Lease the 4x4 and save some money. 4x4 has a higher RV

See if you can find a 4x4, the RV is higher. Finding no markup may be a challenge, but may be possible with a wide enough net cast.

1 Like

He needs to dig deeper. I’m sure there are other trims with even higher RV.

Know your target before talking to a dealer.

You are correct. They want 4K from me,and yes 363.31 monthly payment is included 9.75% sales tax from zip code 94804.
I am not sure about the MF. They just gave me that number. What number should I ask?

You’re MF is correct. The issue is the dealer markup and the 2wd models have much lower RVs than the 4wd models

There’s much better deals out there.

edit

For $600/month you could save money and get a full size Tundra or Ram with better fuel economy and more space. Plus neither limit 3rd party buyouts.

Post a request on the Edmunds forum for this make/model/trim (or find it in another thread here).

Not sure if Nissan’s programs are national or regional, so if you find it in another Feb post, make sure it aligns with your dealer’s location. Perhaps someone here can answer this part reflexively.

4x4 CCab S trim 98% rv.
Even at 2% over msrp as the broker offer here, you still can get 2 of them instead of one at your pricing.

The frontier is supposed to be a deal, anything 500+ effective for any trim opens up many other options. IMO

As everyone before me has mentioned. Getting a 4x4 would give you a lower price on all trims since it has a higher RV. Getting a 4x4 CrewCab S would get you around $250 per month effective. Your current effective is about $600. Which is insane.

The RV and MF are already provided in the Calculator links in the first post:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.