Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Owners still in shock. Give it time

On a 72 hour suicide watch

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Has anyone successfully used the Tesla loyalty rebate? I’m looking on the app and it says I can qualify for $1,000 off since I currently have a Tesla.

Yes it will take 1k off the price
But use a friends code instead they will get points + you will get the 1k off

I don’t think you will get points if you refer yourself

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Tesla Cybertruck Ordering & Discussion

I’m assuming theirs a bit more NVH improvements besides the new rear acoustic glass.

The price of the X and S have dropped $20k. How will this effect BMW and Mercedes (or even other brands) pricing? Definitely worth waiting to see the impact?

That remains to be seen. Maybe there will be a financing incentive past what is already present since the leases are already being heavily subsidized.

Model S/X accounts for only about 4% of total vehicles delivered by Tesla. There are also price cuts for Model 3’s recently that are substantial (>$2k) in our area (NorCal).

96% of Tesla sales are 3 and Y?

Do you have a source for this?

It’s tiny. 1.3M 3/Y vs 66K S/X - global numbers.

3 Likes

Is this thread appropriate to ask this question?

What is the typical DAS on a M3 or MY if you do a zero down payment? It appears that registration and order fee are not calculated in. Can someone help estimate the true DAS and when the registration fee appears in the order process? TIA

You can’t finance the sales tax / fees on a purchase
I assume
Fees / acquisition fee on a lease

1 Like

I don’t mind having a $3k - $5k drive-off. It’s just weird that Tesla won’t show what the total fees are including registration/license and whatnot. I’m trying to see what the total costs are with tags, does it calculate that along the way when ordering?

1 Like

If it helps I can show my contract
Obviously the tax is going to be different
Which model you ordering

1 Like

Might lease an in-stock MY standard range. I saw one in Fresno for $4k off that had decent numbers. I’m just curious on the total costs for drive-off.

The DAS can vary significantly by state. You will get an opportunity to review the final numbers, but if you don’t like what you see, you won’t get your $250 back.

The fixed costs are first month’s payment and acquisition fee of $695. Registration and other fees, I paid only $104 in NJ, but I am sure CA is higher. There is no doc fee, only DMV and related charges.

I believe in CA the tax is on the monthly payment. If we assume a $600/mo payment and 7.25% then your tax is $43.50 a month. Someone from CA will know better.

1 Like

Leasing for Teslas are generally a no go… you automatically waive the option to buy it at the end of the lease

1 Like

With the way they resell, I don’t think I care about the buyout given the model I’d consider leases like hot garbage anyway.

2 Likes