The Tesla Landfill. Shame. Shame. Shame

Ya still have FREE HYDROGEN :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ouch. Glad it wasn’t a Tesla at least.

:fire: :fire: :fire:

I know choosing the wrong brand of car can be frustrating. It’s essential to research thoroughly, consider your needs, and test-drive vehicles to ensure they meet your standards before making a purchase. It’s best to consider the following when buying a car and what do do if you’ve already purchased one that doesn’t meet your standards.

1. Research and Define your needs: Begin by identifying your specific requirements and priorities. Consider factors such as the size of the vehicle, fuel efficiency, safety features, budget, and any other preferences you may have. Different brands and models cater to various needs.

2. Research Brands and Models: Look into different car brands and models that align with your needs. Read reviews, compare specifications, and seed advice from automotive experts. This research phase is crucial to ensure you select a car that suits you.

3. Test Drives: Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, schedule test drives for the vehicles you’re interested in. Pay attention to how they feel on the road, their comfort, handling, and any specific features that matter to you. A test drive can reveal a lot about a car’s suitability.

4. Consider Resale Value: Think about the long-term value of the car. Some brands and models depreciate less quickly than others, which can affect your total cost of ownership

5. Budget Planning: Be realistic about your budget and factor in not just the purchase price but ongoing expenses like insurance, maintenance, etc.

6. Check Reliability and Reviews: Investigate the reliability of the brand and model you’re interested in. Look for customer reviews and ratings to gauge the satisfaction of other owners.

Now assuming we’ve followed ChatGPT’s guidance, and you’re going to buy the Tesla, what happens to the price if you reject taking ownership due to any issues?

You get Musked, and either place another order or go buy a different car at the current price.

You’re often at the mercy of finding an SA who GAF. Honoring price, your order fee, etc etc.

RIP Carmax

4 Likes

Last time they blew them out ASAP after the announcement
They on suicide watch this time

4 Likes

Screaming Upside Down GIF by 47 Meters Down Uncaged

1 Like

Don’t worry. They likely bought them for like $65k.

I think someone posted a while ago that he bought a 1-year old M3P for $40k or something because carmax employees can buy any unit on the lot for what carmax paid plus fees.

@bilalfaruqi did

1 Like

BRB applying for a job at carmax, I’ll get a job faster than @drdvrgs

3 Likes

This graphic from cardealershipguy seems related. Lots of folks/CarMax are deep negative in these cars.

3 Likes

Not sure why this chart was landfilled.

It’s very interesting because you can buy an X and 3 today for the same price as just the X at the beginning of the year.

1 Like

sad homer simpson GIF

5 Likes

Cmax would be pretty stupid to keep something as volatile as Tesla S and X in large numbers in their inventory.

If something as relatively niche as that is moving the needle of their total profitability then someone needs to get fired.

2 Likes

Carvana has like 1000s of them it seems like

Yeah CarMax has 8 Model S in stock and 10 Model X nationwide so it’s definitely not material.

Now individual buyers are gonna be pretty displeased per @drdvrgs article.

Am I missing something in my CarMax search? I certainly may be but it seems to me like the only Tesla they have in significant numbers is Model 3.

Think you guys are talking about two different companies

1 Like

There goes the stock (again.)