Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Are you sure about this? Do you have free charging? That’s another expense. Don’t forget tolls and tires.

Forgot abt the charging haha, but it’s toll free to my commute. How much range is it realistically for a RWD Standard Range? My commute is 150 miles to and from total

1 Like

You’ll be charging daily.

I figured… with those numbers would it realistically be worth it to get the Tesla with the idea that if I decide to sell the M3 a few years down the line I’d retain the equity rather than spending it entirely on public transit?

You did not just use equity and Tesla in the same sentence. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Have things changed with Tesla? Last I saw there’s no way for the lessee to monetize any equity.

And it’s also impossible to predict what equity, if any, could exist in 3 years.

You’ll have to accept that it will be a lot more expensive than $400/m if you want to proceed.

2 Likes

I was considering financing the car not leasing, and the basis of equity is considering the resale value of M3’s especially when 2018s and onwards still retain at least $20k value used

Rough calcs and estimates for simplicity:

150 miles a day x 20 days = 3000 miles/month
4 miles per kWh = 750 kWh/month
$0.40/kWh (total WAG) at the supercharger = $300/month in electricity

1 Like

Thanks for the math! That helps put it into perspective a lot more, I’m actually at about 10d/month for commutes so i’m essentially at half of that. So I’m looking at bottom line $700/mo if I go the M3 route…

With the mileage you’ll be putting on the car?

With me going in 10 days a month, (less with holidays, PTO, etc.), it would be around 10,000/yr so I don’t see how that mileage would be anything out of the ordinary. I also have another vehicle that would be used for anything local so this vehicle would be 99% for commute purposes

On a really cold day, 150 miles is basically almost at the end of a SR’s range.

Your commute costs will definitely go up, vs what you’re paying now, but depending on the other car’s cost and insurance maybe getting rid of that is an option?

I just picked up a R1T. Ride quality is not sacrificed at all, even with the 20" all terrains my vehicle is equipped with. Rides so much better than any Tesla thanks to the suspension. If you really want soft, you can put it in rally mode and it’s softer than my old 7 series or Raptor.

I have no idea what he’s talking about jerky power delivery or noise? The only noise is from the tires and some sound from the motors, but I prefer that. Otherwise the cabin is much quieter than every Tesla I’ve been in.

R1S is a lot bigger inside than the Model X. If the X has enough room for your needs, it’s nice and cheaper, but the R1S has a better third row and is roomier everywhere. Depends on your needs I guess.

4 Likes

The ride quality complaints seem to be on R1S, so the fact that you aren’t experiencing poor ride quality on R1T is not surprising.

1 Like

Did tesla just slash prices of existing model y inventory?

I’ve been watching it, there have been some unicorn in-stock models slashed about $3,700. I saw a MY with 20’s and Tow Hitch for $4,000 off. They come and go but some have been pretty intriguing.

I just impulsively snagged this but now thinking I really should have got a long range…
Vehicle Configuration

Description

Model Y All-Wheel Drive

Solid Black Paint

19"’ Gemini Wheels

Black and White Premium Interior

Five Seat Interior

Autopilot

Tow Hitch

Subtotal

Destination Fee

Order Fee

Price Adjustment

Referral Bonus

Total

Total in USD

$47,740

$1.500

Included

$1,000

Included

Included

$1,000

$51,240

$1,390

$250

($5,120)

($500)

$47,260

Depends on location

I’m in NYC
Seen several model y’s at over $5k off

1 Like

Almost every week I wish I should have bought a long range. But to be honest, I have never went below 50% charging on my M3RWD. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Nah bro the lr battery sucks
The rwd is pretty darn accurate

1 Like