Tesla Ordering Tips - And Most Other Reasonable Things Tesla

Hello Everyone,
I am currently holding a Tesla Model Y LR with an estimated delivery date of July 23-Aug 10, 2022.
Veh was reserved last year, Oct 2021. I am showing a price increase 7k for same vehicle/specs with delivery April 2023. I live in Orange County Ca.
Thinking a flip on this - Thoughts?

A 22 MYLR 5 seater is selling for around $72K right now, so I suspect you are sitting on between $10K and $14K in equity before TTL. It seems like a no brainer to take delivery… You can find a number of recommended online buyers in this thread. I do not suggest attempting a reservation transfer, just too risky.

However, don’t be surprised to see your EDD pushed back one or twice more.

By any chance, did you delay a previous option to deliver?

Hi z0lt3c,
That’s great news! Thank you so much for the feedback on this. No, this is the first delivery option. Its been pushed back several times.

Just for future reference is there a specific forum/thread for list of recommended online buyers?

Thank you Laker! Ill look into this when the time comes.

https://www.tesla.com/tradein

Anyone else’s 4XE come in as ‘92 town and country?

Mine says the same.

2 Likes

Pretty quiet on the drops lately, just MS Plaids.

First half of the quarter can be extremely slow or non-existent for M3 and MY. I expect activity from mid-August :hourglass_flowing_sand:

1 Like

Combined with the fact that they seem to have shut down the chat communication channels for private listings. I bet if you went into a store you could find a listing or two still, like this one:

3 Likes

Twins! Found this one by randomly texting an SA.

9 Likes

Nice bonus of the Tesla. Insurance is $800 cheaper a year than the BMW.

2 Likes

Even more reason to not buy FSD

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 3

If FSD was on the verge of any big breakthrough/advancement, this guy would not be bailing ship right now.

1 Like

A bit of softening recently…

1 Like

And they also wouldn’t have started offering EAP again.

Anyone got a helpful Tesla SA contact you can share?

My MYLR 7-seater delivery date got pushed out for the 10th time to 8/29 - 10/3 (was 7/17 - 7/31 previously) since I ordered back in Oct. 2021 w an EDD or Mar. 2022.

Called Tesla today and the rep said nothing can be done but wait. I remember seeing people mentioning that their SA was able to put them on a priority delivery list. My BMW lease will end in early Sept (already extended for 6mos) so I desperately need the car before that.

Also, does the adding/removing FSD/EAD trick still work?

I don’t have any evidence, but I feel like Tesla is holding the delivery of those orders from last year and hopes customers will eventually cancel them so they can sell those cars at higher MSRP.