HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

I hear you; it’s been frustrating. To be honest I did expect issues but I didn’t expect the delays in addressing them; especially for issues known since the Pacifica hybrid days. Ideally, fix the problem causing the part to fail. Alternatively, have the part in stock.

It would most likely be better to get it fixed under warranty a second time and flip out of it rather than trying the lemon law route.

I don’t understand how they can’t engineer the part to not break as often.

I love my Jeep, so much fun, but it’s so dang unreliable and the dealers are so frustrating that it’s hard for me to imagine myself getting another one.

I’m waiting on an ECH as well, I’m on my third dealer to even get one to order the dang part for me.

I believe what is happening is air bubbles in the coolant loop are getting trapped in the ech. It then tries to heat the air instead of the coolant, overheats, and damages itself. This is likely a result of either incomplete bleeding occuring at the factory/after service or people losing coolant. The 2.0t has had that coolant inlet fastener recall addressing an issue that was causing coolant to leak out.

Leaking coolant causes air bubbles causes ech damage.

This is my speculation. I dont know it to be true.

2 Likes

I’ve tried but definitely upside down on it. Doesn’t hurt to try. You just sent in records and a letter and they have to respond in 30 days.

Wait - there is still support out there on 2022 wrangler 4xe leases?

I was talking about grand cherokees, but I believe there are still programs for 22 wranglers.

Can someone post up MMR for 2022 Rubicon 4xe?

I am kicking around the idea of getting out of the Wrangler and into a Grand Cherokee 4xe.

1 Like

does anyone have access to

https://training.chryslercapital.com/

looks like the link is broken asking for login and Password

https://training.chryslercapital.com/?source=dealer_extranet

1 Like

just searched thru it
where is the ram trucks money factor?

thank you !

1 Like

Those and dodge products are usually under the incetivized sheet. Otherwise it’s standard mf and makes them all basically unleasable

1 Like

Some of the rams are incentivized seen .00094 I wanted to see which one was the lowest

@Leaselurk anyway to see that thru the sheet that was posted

Nah only way is to log on to dealer connect. You can try tagging one of the brokers here and ask them to post it. Alternatively you can use rate finder but it’s only good if you know what you’re looking for

1 Like

Or use the supporter calculator on here

2 Likes

I had my ECH replaced this past week It’s running “normally” now.

However, I am getting some gurgling sounds. I’ll have to go back and make them re bleed the system to get all the air out.

Does anyone know what was involved in the ech replacement? (Did they do it from the interior or underneath the car?) Also, is this part considered part of the 3 yr btb warranty or one of the longer ones?

It looks like this part might be a recurrent failure going forward.

Its a quick job (30 min or so) from the underside. Drain coolant, remove and replace the ech, refill and bleed. The bleed step is something that people seem go struggle with and is probably the cause of the failures.

Fortunately, it’s not all that expensive of a part ($3-400).

Check the coolant levels in the black reservoir on the firewall.

1 Like

Sold for $300 under MMR. Took a while but very happy with the result after a year of driving.

5 Likes

Did you sell to an online buyer, or a specific brands dealership?

Seems like Hyundai dealers are hungry for these for some reason. At least here in the Northeast