HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Well yeah I really want a wrangler and thought this model was super cool and the $7500 was a good way to get into it for a decent price. If you think this isn’t worth $700 a month, what would be a better number for a HA 4XE?

What did you end up getting your 4XE HA for per month?

The total cost of the lease makes sense, and I can afford the payments. I just want to know how I did on the deal. From the sounds of it, I don’t think I did great lol

Your discount in calc is around 5% under invoice which is solid.

Just confirming that the dealer IS offering that discount off of MSRP, before including the $7,500?

I did a one pay, but it works out to right around $400/mo if you amortize it out. That isnt repeatable with the programd as they are today.

For an in-stock unit, with the current lease programs, this is a solid offer. The current lease programs are rough though and really drag the lease value down.

They mailed me back mine. Did a plate transfer and for $350 back.

for the tax differences?

It is a good discount, no doubt. As said, the program is not very good now compared to before. If you want it, you won’t do much better. If you just want a Wrangler, have you checked on plain jane gasser versions? A $65k model is a steep way to simply get into a jeep.

I’ve seen this asked a few times but not sure I understand the answer. I just got the following back from a dealer

“It looks like you just leased the car. You’ll need to wait for your lease to fund and have at least your first statement before we could be able to purchase and pay it off.”

Is this accurate, or can they buy it before it shows up on the CCAP website?

My experience in MA is that it has to fund even if you’re selling to a Jeep dealer. In MA you can be registered and drive home even before it’s funded.

Once you see it hit your CCAP account you’re usually good. Also checking auto check can be a predictor regardless of state. But it’s usually a week or so and can vary.

This should not prevent you from getting a price on what they’ll offer you.

1 Like

You guys are trying to flip Jeeps without even being funded? Lmao… this is hilarious.

How do you expect them to pay off your account without an account number? :rofl:

9 Likes

Deer Popcorn GIF

2 Likes

Alright y’all I scoured this thread and signed up just so I can get the advice of the hivemind. Before we start–I know I acted impulsively and didn’t get the best deal possible, but here we are…so help me figure out what to do:

Less than a month into a lease on a '22 Rubi 4xe black w/ cloth and soft top. Sticker was $60,385. I bought a hard top at the time of the lease, and it’s due in at the dealership next week, so my drive-off was high ($4800). Current buyout on the lease WITHOUT sales tax is $50,066. With sales tax is $54,613.

It’s the only car we make a payment on (and we also love it), so I don’t mind that the lease is $600/month. But if I could stay at that $600/month and have one exactly how I wanted it (Sarge with tan leather) I’d be even happier.

Do I shop around and see if somebody will buy me out? Do I see if Clutch can buy me out and get me in a build that would be the same price monthly?

This whole flipping thing is completely new to me. I just wanted the Wrangler and got it.

We’re in Nashville by the way.

Thanks for all the wisdom!

1 Like

So you leased a Rubicon 4xe soft top, then you added a hard top to it? Is that included in the $4,800? Did you order the Jeep at a discounted price, or take one off of the lot?

My understanding is that you’re ~$54,866.00 in on a $60,385 sticker?

Yes the 4800 includes the cost of the soft top. I took one off the lot (like I said, I acted impulsively).

Yes those numbers are correct.

You have Gupton in your back yard that will do 6% off invoice with tread lightly affiliate. Can’t hurt to shop around to see what price you can get for the one you have and then make the call. If you can walk with a check, reorder and get a better deal that might be worth it. But if you love it, maybe you don’t.

I recall https://www.driveo.com has been giving good offers around Nashville. Can’t hurt to try them and a few others to see where you stand. List of places to sell or value your car online

The window is closing on the ability to get a lot of equity out of these so timing would matter.

Good to know about driveo! I don’t care about getting max equity…I’m just trying not to pay anything else out of pocket. $4800 was enough.
Thanks!

Ok, your numbers seem about right then. I’d recommend selling the soft top separately; you won’t see much value for it as a package deal with the Jeep (unless you went private sale, but you need to get out of this now).

Also, your effective monthly is well into the $700’s, not $600/month. You can immediately throw as much money as you wish, but that doesn’t change the cost of the vehicle. You just seem to be a bit stuck on that monthly figure, so be sure to look at the larger picture.

If you bought the hard top separately as a part then you can just cancel the order, the cost I presume was rolled into the lease or you paid out of pocket from the 4800. Check with the dealer if you can just cancel that and get your money back… even if you can’t get all of it back, you’ll still save time and money than selling it 3rd party.