HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

I get that according to the calculator the effective monthly payment is higher because I paid more up front. But since that money is already spent, I’m trying to focus on what the actual amount I’m paying per month is.
Does that make sense or am I missing something?
Thanks for the all the help! Driveo is already offering me $55k WITHOUT the hard top so I’m figuring out how to get that hard top money back.

You’ll never get all that hardtop money back. You can maybe sell it yourself for around $2500 if you are lucky, but you have to transport it, store it, deal with people. Best bet is to try to cancel it like has been mentioned. Even if you have to eat a few bucks, it will be worth it in the long run.

You are into a $60k rubi for ~$55k. That’s not bad. If you can cancel the hardtop, as mentioned, even better. Let’s say, worst case, you sell that for $2k, that puts you at $53k on the rubi. You really should have no problem getting that back for it now, so you’d recoup all your money, if not make a few bucks. Thing is, you wouldn’t have a vehicle while waiting for your new order AND, by the time it arrives, it could be a worse deal than you have now. There are no guarantees.

Does anyone know how much dealers will cut after looking at a scratch on the front bumper (plastic one on Sahara)? I am wondering if buying a replacement from fb marketplace or offerup is worth the trouble before selling.

it would help to have a photo…

2 Likes

I was able to wiggle the dealer down to 560 per month with $3500 out of pocket (Tax, title, fees) which I thought ended up being an amazing deal for this market. When I plugged it all into the calculator looks like I got a leasehackr score right at 9! Will update you all with numbers once I am done with work

2 Likes

For NYers who got their car from Gupton. In the package my friend got there is

• tax check,
  • a vehicle invoice looking doc (but not the CCAP lease agreement)
  • POA for
  • certificate of origin
  • odometer disclosure

Do these cover the DMV required docs? They say: Title, permission from CCAP, lease agreement, and POA (POA is obviously covered). Just trying to help my friend avoid unnecessary trips to DMV.
Do we need to print lease agreement?
Does POA doc cover both permission and POA?
Does Cert. of Origin cover title?

Thanks in advance

Edit: since there’s a check in there, are my taxes still rolled into my lease payments? Or do I not file the DTF-803 sales and use tax exemption form?

Need to fill out DTF802 and MV82 … use these pics for reference to fill out correctly.

• Some DMV reps argue that POA is NOT Letter of Permission, ask them to verify with manager to confirm that’s the case, some DMV reps and mangers are stupid so best to not waste time and go somewhere else. I just had to register 2 jeeps and had to go to 3 DMVs before getting it done.
  • Yes, need printed lease agreement
  • See 1
  • MCO is the title for a new car.
  • Don’t give the Gupton check to DMV, deposit in the bank, use a credit card for points to pay for tax and tags. The taxes were rolled into payment but you just got them back to pay to DMV in the check so you have to pay tax still thus DTF802.
2 Likes

From my audit experience, tax evasion is often vengeance for the actual crime that they didn’t have enough evidence to convict. I would be very afraid of that in some states.

3 Likes

Lowest offer I’ve seen. 22 Rubi. 66k Sticker. Midwest

Just talked to my salesman. I can’t cancel the hardtop because they wrote the cost into the lease and the lease is funded at this point.
The Driveo.com quote is good for 30 days. Maybe I get the hardtop put on and then see if they change their quote?
Thanks so much to everybody for the quick responses! I’ll keep y’all posted.

Here it is. A bad calculation when entering my narrow garage made this

Take a mister clean magic eraser to it. I scraped mine pretty badly and miraculously most of it came out.

2 Likes

Thank you. Is that a general purpose cleaner that you used or anything specific for auto? Google search gives many options.

Similar question, got damaged during shipping. The shipper hit a bridge with my car on the back and the back glass exploded on another vehicle peppering my jeep with broken glass. Do you think any dealer will care about this? Not sure if it’s worth the wait to get it filled in at local auto body shop. Shipper is happy to pay for the fix, but I can’t get in to get it taken care of for a few weeks.

just get a paint pen and fill it in lol. its plastic so rust isn’t a problem, just want to prevent from spreading and make it look less visible.

Damn, you like a motherf**king pro at this :rofl: :sob:

You got pre filled templates with CCAP info. Lmao

7 Likes

Efficiency is :crown:

4 Likes

One of these guys and some water

1 Like