HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Went to local SoCal Carmax today for an upraise '23 4Xe Rubicon $51,000
Last month AN was at $50,500 so Carmax is a bit better…
Seems that pricing has increased a bit-will check them again :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Wanted to share a deal I just signed today. Willy’s trim for 421/month with just first month due. This is an in stock unit with no broker or delivery needed. Looks like it may be flippable for a few K. I just followed a link posted above to a JL forum that then had a link to a sales guy at ourisman Clarksville. CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

5 Likes

Wrangler 4xe is back!? :laughing:

Is the $7500 Federal tax credit available in April 2023?

1 Like

Just when I thought I was out, they drag me back in!

4 Likes

Id expect to see it at least partially go away under section 30. Section 45 should carry on, but ccap has been weird about using some of.the section 30 restrictions on leases (msrp cap).

2 Likes

2022 or 2023?

Willys trim was new for 23

2 Likes

Good luck with their runner service. It’s very slow and painful.

I thought that the rebates were taxed, your calculator has them untaxed. Does the EV rebate go tax free?

I’m in PA. No tax on rebates.

3 Likes

Congrats. I also considered one earlier this month with about same details on in stock.

Problem is I’m in NJ and in an upfront tax state unlike PA.

Have you checked MMR on the Willys? Might be tough to flip given most dealers don’t want wranglers that much anymore. Most will outright refuse to buy them.

FYI, a one pay would’ve substantially saved you money (in the event you’re stuck with it)

Post pics.

1 Like

Average dealer build is 60k on Willy.

MMR is at 48k, however there is not a single sale listed. Data is an assumption off of current 23 Sahara 4xE MMR (49.5k).

60k price
7.5k in federal rebate
1k online Jeep coupon
6k dealer discount
2.5k (local lease incentives region specific variable)
———
43k total
2k in fees (dealer fee, reg, buyout fee, aqusition)

45k total cost

If you can get a good deal you can drive it for a few months and not lose money. If ordered complete base then potential profit is 5-6k assuming rebates hold.

Overall not a great flip as values have tanked.

1 Like

Yeah this is not a repeat of last year but at that payment and a low buyout if you want a Jeep for a few months when the sun is shining it’s not bad. Most states you will wait a while for plates if you buy from Mitch so a quick flip for him isn’t as easy.

Like before, can you hustle and find a buyer who wants a jeep on their lot for the spring buying season? probably. Could it be frustrating and hard to do that, and you only walk with a small profit, maybe.

But once again Stellantis has shown us the you should never underestimate their ability to throw incentives at a vehicle that’s starting to pile up on lots, especially one that helps them meet fuel economy targets while they’re still cranking out TRX, Hellcats and 392s.

Just to be clear, it’s not for a flip. Need a third car for about 5 months till daughter goes off to college. I’m certainly not recommending anyone get one to flip. The unit I got is white with just convenience group and premium soft top. Should be fun in the summer. I pick it up Saturday, but I already signed.

13 Likes

Really hoping they throw more incentives on the GC 4xEs next month, seems like those are piling up. I couldn’t get dealer’s around me to discount enough for my liking so I’m holding off on it.

I’m surprised at the incentive comparison between the 22 and 23 GCs. Much better programs on 22 GC 4xes, but the programs on 22 gas GCs suck.

I made a dealer an offer on a 22 gc 4xe today that’s been on the lot for 155 days. You’d think they’d want to move it. So far, I’m just getting ghosted.

2 Likes

All the dealer’s I’ve been talking to won’t budge past 3-4% discount, yet they’ve got 10+ 2022 GC 4xe on their lots

1 Like

I offered at 12%, which I’m sure is why I’m getting ghosted, but when I can order a new one at 10-11%, why pay more?

1 Like

Supposedly 12% off and buy rate on a GC 4xe is a big loser for the dealer.

I agree tho, tons of these on dealer lots just sitting. Was working one back in December and dealer still has it on their lot .

3 Likes

Doesn’t shock me, but so is paying 6 months of floor plan, with rates rising, and trying to sell a 4xe that’ll probably lose most of the $7500 next week and trying to explain to customers why they can test drive the phev in electric mode because it’s been sitting for more than 90 days.

I would have been surprised if they said yes.

4 Likes