HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Out of morbid curiosity I have shopped my 21 a little bit and have not received any no offers, but all the offers have definitely been quite low. They are low enough that the only thing that makes sense is to ride it until the end (which I am perfectly happy to do because this was one of the leases from the glory days).

2 Likes

Can anyone explain what happens if I want to get out of my 2022 4xe with a Chevrolet dealership Iā€™m buying not leasing another new car at and Iā€™m under water by a few thousand on my 4xe? Do I immediately pay the Chevrolet dealer the few thousand dollar difference, immediately pay Chrysler Capital, or does Chrysler Capital end up billing me that difference later and it will show up on my online statement? Sorry, Iā€™ve never been through this before. Thank you.

Yes. :-1::-1::-1::-1::-1:

I guess I am just worried about that creating a perceived disadvantage for me and inviting annoying attempts to push the negative 4xe equity into the new Chevrolet car purchase and mucking up everything. Trying to keep things as clean as possible, while also trying to get a higher offer for the 4xe as a new car buyer.

You can pay the negative equity separately or you can send ccap a check and then have them send an updated payoff.

Currently in the processes of shopping my ā€˜22 Sahara SOT. If I canā€™t break even, I wonā€™t ship it again until maturity.

Keep in mind you donā€™t have to sell it to that specific dealer at all. Treat them as separate transactions: research to find the best dealer for the sale and best for the purchase. It could be the same dealer, but doesnā€™t have to be.

2 Likes

Can non-Chrysler new car dealerships see or in any way become privy to my Chrysler Capital payoff on my 4xe? As in, can they learn exactly how under water I am if I donā€™t tell them?

They can call ccap up and ask.

You should be negotiating the new vehicle and the buyout separately anyway, so them having that info really isnt that big of a deal. Theyre going to need it one way or the other to execute the deal anyway.

1 Like

Understand. Iā€™ve sold them cars before and they were very professional and nice. And since Iā€™m giving them a new car sale, I was hoping to leverage that, at least a little, into a slightly higher buyout figure on the 4xe. Like a, can you meet me here on the 4xe since Iā€™m buying the Chevrolet, sort of thing.

In addition, I really havenā€™t been driving the 4xe since I got a company car late last fall, so it has fairly abnormal new cleanliness and it has the $2,695 colored hardtop, an option none of the third party sites allow you to add. I believe thatā€™s resulting in an offer presumably $1,000 or more lower than it should be. In sum, I think my in-person dealer I have a relationship with might value my 4xe more than a random third party or another new dealership who will never see it.

As others have mentioned, separate the transactions if you can. In the end though if it is easiest to just combine them, the dealer on the new transaction can just pay the buyout and bury the negative equity. Thats never a good thing, but if you want/need out, sometimes its impossible to avoid. If so, depending on the % rate on the new car, you may want to consider not rolling it in and just eating it up front.

1 Like

Only one way to find outā€¦ but truthfully, the value on these cars has dropped pretty substantially.

1 Like

That may be because it doesnā€™t fetch substantially more than the black hardtop. The sky one touch may be the only substantial differentiator.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been on here since I leased my 4xe last summer. When did the values drop substantially? I went back a few months and it looks like they were tanking at least as far back as December 2022 (and probably even earlier?). Is it specific to the 4xe or did all the Wrangler JL values tank?

If I hold wrangler lease to the end, do I need to return it to the same dealership? Iā€™m in CA and the dealership is in LA.

Probably late last yearā€¦my 2021 HA with all options except the rear tire hinge generally has gotten offers in the high 30s with the highest at $41.5. MSRP now to duplicate would probably be low $70s.

2 Likes

You do not.

2 Likes

The whole market is down.

2 Likes

You can return at any Jeep dealership in CA, but try and see if you can sell 3rd party before returning as you may have ā€œsomeā€ equity then

2 Likes