HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Tons of 100+ post forum topics on this but the tl;dr is you need to heat the engine up to approx 200F. There is a little cover you can get to cover the grill if you are in a cold area.

1 Like

Get an oil change if you really want to be done with it immediately.

Unless its been more than 90 days since you put gas in it.

1 Like

Thank you!

So temperature for the last 2 days has been >40F here and oil temp reading >220 but still stuck in FORM mode. As @mllcb42 mentioned, it has NOT been more than 90 days since I put gas in it, just did last week, currently sitting at 6.5k miles. Was going to order: 82215366 - Grille Cover-Front End 2018-2022 Jeep | Mopar Wholesale Parts as thats what most people are stating online they are using. I put my vin in and states part not compatiable, however, under vehicle fitment, it mentions the model. Assuming safe to order and ignore the VIN incompatiable message?

It fits fine. Its designed for the diesel ones, so it doesnt show up as working with a 4xe vin, but its fine.

1 Like

2023 loaded Sahara HA :heart: @Clutch special order. Never owned one before and I totally get it. We will never be without a Wrangler again. My family thought I was crazy. They are now shopping for parts and trying to convince me to get another color :joy:

20 Likes

The best interior choice :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Stormtrooper FTW! beautiful ride. have to agree with @mllcb42 best interior on these!
Enjoy in good health!

1 Like

Yes, agree on the interior!! The grey and matching dash is really nice looking. My only problem is they fight over who gets to drive it. I seriously might have to get another one.

The best detailer, incl wash, wax and vac, gets the fob. /wink

1 Like

lucky dog. im still mad mine ended up going tits up on the deal and i had to get rid of it. drive it in good health.

Looks familiar
Panda72 has a twinđŸ€Ș

That was definitely me for the first couple of months of ownership :slight_smile: Fortunately, for your bank account, the novelty will wear off in a bit. I’m definitely very happy to have gotten more of these as well.

You can check out some of the Jeep accessory threads for ideas. There are a lot of relatively inexpensive things you can do, that are also easily reversible.

I agree as well
the seats/armrest etc do get dirty looking much more easily because of the color (vs say black) , but they are easy to clean.

1 Like

Still some punch left in the bowl
 Rolled the dice on one off the lot with Mitch for 10% off and ended up with $3421 in net profit. Hit my driveway at 11AM, emailed about 20-30 dealers had it sold by 4. $60k Sahara with cold weather and hard top for $53,500 to a non CDJR dealer over an hour away from me. Had a few offers around 52-53 and a lot of lowball ones.

Learnings from this sale

1. The google search trick to see who’s paying for ads to buy your car even now unearthed some decent leads
  2. Targeting dealers where there is still below average new car supply (Toyota, Honda, Kia, Subaru etc) also got some interest
  3. Most CDJR stores won’t touch these, unless they’re small and don’t have any on the lot and inbound.

Nice to walk with a check and some more good contacts for future sales.

27 Likes

I totally got it to flip it because my wife hated wrangler(before I got it) but after driving wrangler, she loves it and sold her X3 and kept the wangler lol

5 Likes

@harrydogyo "Hit my driveway at 11AM, emailed about 20-30 dealers had it sold by 4. "

Question
 How were you able to sell it without having to wait at least 1 month?

1 Like

And with no plates
Knowing how ourisman takes their time

I’m MA so can’t drive on temps. Convinced them to use Iyman my local registry runner and he got it registered yesterday. So about 2-3 weeks from signed to funded to registered and delivered. Not complaining. Would have been even faster if not for the holiday. Funding happened right after CCAP did my income verification.

I know Ourisman isn’t perfect but Mitch is a good dude and has been responsive and helpful for me on this deal and my other orders.

2 Likes

That’s crazy usually they refuse to use someone different guess for mass it passes