HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

Datapoint (Socal)

Sold a 2022 4XE Rubicon I picked up in July. MSRP ~64.5k. Appraisal came in at around $54k and they wrote me a check for $3700. Factoring in ~$5300 drivoffs and lease payments the Jeep costed $1600 over these 4 months and 4000 miles.

Online dealers came in at $40’s and I’m sure I can get a little more if i spent some more time, but I was in between two long trips and only had 48 hours of “home” time so I sold to the first dealer that made a reasonable offer.

1 Like

They do have to eat it if someone screws them on it

Payoff question

CJDR is paying off the buyout price, payoff is slightly over the original payoff, then who gets the difference, Dealership or Seller.
CCAP told me they will cut the check to dealership not to me. Dealership can walk away with that check easily that they never get it…and these checks take 30 to 45 days anyway.
Ideally CCAP should credit my account with any extra $$ they got.
Any experience ?

whats the difference between payoffs?
did you and dealer pull the payoffs on the same day?
CCAP should refund any overages to the customer directly.

So payoff is like 14 days I think.
So they pull the number on day 1, send the payment on day 3. e.g 50k payoff amount. But CCAP shows 49.7k is the actual payoff on that date . Anything over they have to refund. In the above case its $300 refund. Also dealership dont pay that $350 fees which a customer pay if he buy it out. Plus some time they add the upcoming monthly payment on the payoff too. If dealership paid it off before the monthly payment is due that months payment need to be refunded too.

You’ll get the refund… many of us have gotten it in this same scenario

I sold my 1st with AN MB. No issues. Overpayment was refunded to me via CC after 30 days.
2nd one through CJDR . CCAP act weired.
I made my monthly payment same day dealership paid off. So CCAP didnt credit my account but ask me to Fax copy of bank transaction so they can refund my bank not to me the monthly payment.
Plus told me first you still owe $$ its not fully paid off. Call another agent he took his time and verify that CJDR dealership over payed and they will pay the difference back to CJDR not to me. Is transaction different if CJDR buying out as compare to any other dealership buying it out.

I thought I understood how this worked but now I’m not sure. All of mine were within a day or 2 of the payoff quote so there should be a decent refund

Jeep 1 - sold to cdjr dealer #1 - no refund showing in my account or ever received

Jeep 2 - sold to cdjr dealer #2 - $120 overpayment processed about 3 weeks later

Jeep 3 - sold to webuyanycar- $140 overpayment processed about 3 weeks later

Jeep 4 - sold to cdjr dealer #1 (same as Jeep 1) - it’s been almost 3 weeks but nothing showing in account

I would think any overpayment would belong to me since the lease itself was an agreement me and ccap - though I did have an agreed upon price and I got that :man_shrugging:

Overpayment is the sellers

Buyer agrees to X price on the buy regardless of what your payoff is

If they overpay the payoff the excess goes back to them (buyer) and they should forward to you (seller)

Another data point after Carvana picked it up today.
‘23 Rubicon, only options were Cold Weather Group and Reign. MSRP was $61,880. Carvana gave me $58,000. Located in Indiana. This will likely be my last 4xe flip.

14 Likes

Nice - Manual appraisal?

Yes. And then had to wait a week for them to be able to pull the records from Autocheck because I got the manual appraisal done the same day I registered it.

1 Like

This happened to me, dealer overpaid payoff around $300 and CCAP refunded me in the form of a debit prepaid credit card and it did not take long. My overpayment by paying a monthly lease payment after payoff took forever and was paid via a paper check in the mail directly to me.

I agree. If buyer overpay it goes back to buyer and he should payback to seller.
If customer overpay like pay an extra month payment that come back to customer in the form of CC if less then 500 and if more then 500 they cut a Check.
So in my case CCAP might be right since buyer overpayed not me. Hopefully buyer pay me back after 30 days or whatever…

but when dealer purchased from you, the numbers were based on the overage payoff so any difference should come back to the customer. Like if you sold the Jeep to the dealer and based on the payoff you had 2k negative equity, if the payoff had a 1k overage, that comes back to you not the dealer.

What was the mileage on it?

1 Like

Im assuming that MSRP was POC? Reason I ask is because my Rubi has a $61,785 w/s msrp w/o the cold weather

1 Like

It had 44 miles on it.

1 Like

Yes. POC was $61,880

1 Like

DP - two sales completed last week. 23 rubicon non-body color hardtop no extras $62 and change msrp. sold for $56.5. 23 sahara body color hardtop no extras except for sidesteps. $60k msrp $54.5. both were a mission from god trying to get done and got done they did with a local jeep dealer network. all the online offers were FAR less than this and even most of the locals were far less as well.

another local sold a 23 sahara non-body color hardtop $58 and change msrp for $54k locally as well. i’m suspecting that shortly after the holiday we’re going to see another drop in numbers so if you have something ready to go best to get moving.

1 Like