HOW TO GET A GOOD WRANGLER 4XE Deal; Buckle up for a LONG read! (Part 4)

My observation in last few weeks is that the CJDR or non jeep dealerships and even online houses are looking at the MMR data and they try to quote from their. They pick the lowest sale number and offer you that or even takeoff few thousands from lowest number. If they already have new or used inventory then they will low ball you. So try to find a jeep dealership which has No New 4xe and no used 4xe.
These are the ones who can offer more since they want atleast one in the showroom.
One Jeep dealer told me why should I buy from you when I can get the same from an auction and the color I want at a lower price then yours.
Low MMR really hurting the flipping business.
Few I observe go to your msrp and the buyout price and offer you buyout price.

Thereā€™s not much data on 23 MMR to be fair though. I also had a dealer tell me why would someone pay them MSRP for a used one when they can get a new one for MSRP? It was especially funny because it was a rover dealer offering nothing at MSRP.

The dealer I dropped my 23 Sahara with had several other cars including a 23 Vette that they said they bought at auction. They were surprised that I had a 23 wrangler And said they hadnā€™t had any high velocity ones.

Fwiw the lot was packed as was the dealer. No sign of shortages or recession.

1 Like

Agree I visited like 5 dealership today. Business is good, cant find a place to park and house was full with buyers. What Recession, drop 200 base point more by end of 22ā€¦
As far MMR goes there are quiet few sales reported for 23 Sahara and only 3 sales for Rubi. All they need is 1 sale to justify the low quoteā€¦ MMR dont show real msrp so those sales could be from stripper model and you trying to sell a well optioned jeepā€¦ too bad they dont even talk about option then.
But if you bring in a stripper to sell all they complain to you will be no options hard to move , no hard top end of the world. No cold pkg no one buys a jeep to freeze their Asses in Northā€¦and the list goes on.

Boy dont we love our brokers when we buy these vehicles through them and no BS from dealershipā€¦

1 Like

Sold 22 Wrangler HA 4XE. $59k. MSRP $65k

Just giving a data point.

7 Likes

Looks like HA are doing good as resale goes.

What state is that?

My best offer in CA for MY22 HA was $56k at 1200 miles odo, same MSRP.

On an (ancient) 2021 HA with 15k miles and with almost every option (low 70s MSRP now) , I was offered $49.x in FL.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.

This goes for all data points here, but it would be much more helpful to also know: region, mileage, when it was sold, and what type of dealer it was sold to (e.g. carmax, CDJR dealer, etc).

2 Likes

I think HA looks pretty awesome on a Rubi with the blue accentsā€¦ Sahara not as much. Wonder if that helps.

If I make a wild guess its Indiana or nearby states.

This makes no sense. The HA package doesnt go on a Rubicon.

Thats what I was thinking :thinking: too .

Lol. Sorry I was confusing high velocity paint and high altitude.

That definitely makes more sense

IL 500 miles on it.

1 Like

Probably doing a rebate audit and need a proof of employment tied to the affiliate code

1 Like

Dealership should have secured that when they gave him the affiliate credit. Imagine if the person get layoff and has no pay stub. Who will eat the bill Dealership?

Most dealers do a rebate audit a few times per month.

It doesnā€™t happen in real time.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦Ive had a few of them happen even a few months after the factā€¦and one time I recall them being rather frantic about it.

I remember the one I got from Gupton where I used affiliate and Renee was adamant that she needed paystub upfront in case of audit - I donā€™t blame them if it means the dealer may have to eat the affiliate savings.